Bouncey ride help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So only going between 50-52 mph my truck gets real bouncey like really noticeable and bad it seems to be coming from the rear only. Once I go either just 1mph under or over that speed it disappears. I don't see any issues with springs or shocks. Has anyone experienced this? Or know what might be the cause of it. I'm assuming it might be the tires I run 35s cause if it was shocks or other suspension components I would assume it would stick around more then just a very Precised speed. This is on a 4 inch lift 2013 ram 1500 sport.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tire might have thrown a weight. Could be broken chord, bubble, water in the tire, etc. Probably should take it to the tire shop you bought them at, see what gives. Have them put it on a Hunter Road Force Balancer ...that will detect tire defects real quick that a regular spin balancer probably wouldn't. Could be a bad shock too. Look to see if you have a shock with wet oil on the bottom.

Let us know....

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Tire might have thrown a weight. Could be broken chord, bubble, water in the tire, etc. Probably should take it to the tire shop you bought them at, see what gives. Have them put it on a Hunter Road Force Balancer ...that will detect tire defects real quick that a regular spin balancer probably wouldn't. Could be a bad shock too. Look to see if you have a shock with wet oil on the bottom.

Let us know....
That's what imma do tomorrow cause I checked everything back there and didn't see anything out of the ordinary

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Let us know....
I checked everything earlier and didn't see anything out of the ordinary so I'mma call tomorrow to have then do a balance and a rotation and see.

Big Egg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I got the same problem but mine does it from 45 mph to about 55mph. I've tried 3 different sets of tires and rotating them around. My rear end just went out a couple days ago pulling my boat so when I get another one hopefully it will fix that problem.