Brake lights on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supershockers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
2001 Ram 1500. Brake lights are stuck on. Need help. Just put new stereo in and changed interior lights to led lights. Stereo was easy plug in go std wiring. Only thought is led lights maybe but that doesn't make sense.

Checked all fuses and pulled fuses and relays. Disconnected battery for 10 mins. I don't have remote key now when doors open truck dings. Also had to pull horn fuse as when I hooked battery back up alarm started going.

Need help cause I'm lost here.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
The interior lights are probably irrelevant as long as you only mean the dome light. If you messed with the instrument cluster, you make have knocked or pulled something loose back there.

Do you not have the remote locks, or just the horn? Because if you spliced the pink battery wire with the red/white ignition wire, you will prevent the truck from shutting down properly. The horn chirp won't work and the security system will go off because it thinks someone is trying to hotwire the car.

Brake lights might be a function of the alarm system, i'm unsure, but I don't have the alarm.

Check the radio wiring (or just pull the radio fuse)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357