Brake Warning Light & Electronic Stability Control (ESC) Lights Stay On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, I have a 2012 1500 Laramie 4x4

Two days ago, I noticed that both the Brake Warning Light & Electronic Stability Control (ESC) Lights Stay On.

In addition, the Cruise Control will not turn on.

The brakes are soft and spongy while not moving.

The brake fluid level is good and not dropped in the past few days.
I have engaged and dis-engaged the Emergency Parking Brake twice in the past 3 days.
I have attempted to turn off the ESC, with the button on the dash (under the radio), but the there is no indication that the it is on or off.

I did find a few post with folks have the ABS, the ESC lights on and no Cruise Control. But, didn't want to go down that path, if it was not worth the effort.

Has anyone experienced or heard of the issues that I noted?

Thank you in advance.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Sounds like a broken abs wire or wheelbearing. A code read will Definately tell you what's going on.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Get the codes retrieved otherwise you’ll just be guessing. Could be wheel speed sensors,steering angle sensor, yaw sensor, other ABS faults or wiring issues etc.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello, I have a 2012 1500 Laramie 4x4

Two days ago, I noticed that both the Brake Warning Light & Electronic Stability Control (ESC) Lights Stay On.

In addition, the Cruise Control will not turn on.

The brakes are soft and spongy while not moving.

The brake fluid level is good and not dropped in the past few days.
I have engaged and dis-engaged the Emergency Parking Brake twice in the past 3 days.
I have attempted to turn off the ESC, with the button on the dash (under the radio), but the there is no indication that the it is on or off.

I did find a few post with folks have the ABS, the ESC lights on and no Cruise Control. But, didn't want to go down that path, if it was not worth the effort.

Has anyone experienced or heard of the issues that I noted?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @BSLugnut - If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Mark
RamCares

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
If you take it to a parts palce for a read, make sure the reader is able to read ABS codes.

OP
OP
BSLugnut

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Being a newby to this type of troubleshooting, I'm looking for a parts dealer that has a computer to read the ABS codes for me.

I will report back the findings.

OP
OP
BSLugnut

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up taking it to my local mechanic, as finding a parts shop that could provide me the error code was challenging, at best.

The issue was a failed rear caliper, that had seized open.

The caliper has been replaced and all is good.

Thank you!

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I ended up taking it to my local mechanic, as finding a parts shop that could provide me the error code was challenging, at best.

The issue was a failed rear caliper, that had seized open.

The caliper has been replaced and all is good.

Thank you!

So glad to hear you were able to get this taken care of, @BSLugnut!

Mark
RamCares