Broken Foglight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I'm curious what others do to save their fog lights from being trashed during the winter months.. I had my OEM one replaced with an OEM replica last spring.. it broke in late November last year and its starting to **** me off... I hate broken stuff on my truck... Is there anything more durable, less fragile to put in the firing range down there? Do the metal screens do anything or do they block more light than its worth?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
you can try lamin-x, but......in the end........its glass.

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
I'd be interested to see the replies to this also. Both of my fog lights have cracked lenses but still work, though I hate the way it looks!

OP
OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
In the winter they put gravel on the roads to improve traction. Fog lights like to catch them being as low as they are. Too bad they didn't protect them with a lexan material like what's on the headlights.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

mocaby73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
We don't get a lot of snow here so thankfully I don't have to worry about that.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
In the winter they put gravel on the roads to improve traction. Fog lights like to catch them being as low as they are. Too bad they didn't protect them with a lexan material like what's on the headlights.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Wow! That's gotta be hell on more than just fog lights, Jeeez! We don't have that problem down here but if we did I think I would just take them out for the winter. I cant believe that they don't make a hard plastic cover for the fogs, like they do for the headlights.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That happened to the fogs on my moms Durango. It happened when we were in Durango, CO and some rocks got kicked up. Broke one light, dad replaced it, then the second broke, then the replacement broke again. He didn't bother to fix again until we sold it a couple weeks back haha. I guess you could make a small screen to put in front of it to protect it.