Bullitt's 2004 1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the entire grill in primer, but there's a couple spots that have some trash in the primer, so I'll have to resand those small areas.

Grill insert arrived today, looks simple enough to install and the paint should be here tomorrow. I'm off work for 4 days and plan to get the entire grill project finished up and installed.

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, we are going to see how this works out....... I don't need perfect, the truck is old and worn.

20160318_092557_zps3mz0kypt.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the grill painted and mounted today. Looks completely different. I can't wait to figure out what I'm going to do with the bumper so that I can get it all done.

20160319_162122_zpsfma3vv2t.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Foglights and wiring kit are here, now the only part missing is the actual steel bumper. I'll drop the upper bumper and step pad off sometime next week to be painted and then in a couple weeks, I'll be ready to put the entire new front end on it.

I'm also not a big fan of the billet grill now that it's on there. The fit and finish isn't good enough for me and it whistles loudly around 35mph. It'll be coming off soon because of that and I guess I'll just put the stock chrome bar inserts in it for now.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Foglights and wiring kit are here, now the only part missing is the actual steel bumper. I'll drop the upper bumper and step pad off sometime next week to be painted and then in a couple weeks, I'll be ready to put the entire new front end on it.

I'm also not a big fan of the billet grill now that it's on there. The fit and finish isn't good enough for me and it whistles loudly around 35mph. It'll be coming off soon because of that and I guess I'll just put the stock chrome bar inserts in it for now.

what billet do you have, i had one very similar to that and it never made any noise, but i will say it was much heavier than the oem inserts lol, made me have to replace my hood shocks cause they wouldnt hold the hood with that grill

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what billet do you have, i had one very similar to that and it never made any noise, but i will say it was much heavier than the oem inserts lol, made me have to replace my hood shocks cause they wouldnt hold the hood with that grill

They were made by APS. Yeah, they're heavy but I haven't had any problems with my stock hood shocks quite yet. The biggest issue I have is that there's a gap on the sides that's about 3/4" which I can't close up. No one else notices at all, but it bugs me every time I walk up to the truck.

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't updated this in a while (Is anyone still reading anyway?), but I haven't quit on the truck at all, I'm currently gathering a bunch of parts to completely redo the front end which is going to take a couple months. I should start at least posting pictures of the parts as they come in.

By redoing the front end, I mean the entire front of the truck. Body and mechanical. I'm going to get rid of the horrific bumpsteer that this truck has once and for all and improve the entire suspension setup at the same time. This isn't really a job that I can do a little here and a little there, I have to get everything ready and then just go all out on parts.

So I'll start to post some pictures of parts as they come in, just so I can stay motivated while there's a period of inactivity.

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My replacement front shock came in last week for the one that I broke. I need to go ahead a swap it out this weekend:

20160414_081546_zpsvbioqvf7.jpg

Here's the smooth upper bumper cover and step pad that I'm going to drop off at paint. Maybe tomorrow, but within the next couple weeks for sure:

20160414_081456_zpsmf8aejwk.jpg

The first pieces for the suspension rebuild. Probably the cheapest thing that I had to buy. Poly steering rack bushings:

20160414_081625_zps2kdph7fu.jpg

The inner and outer tie rods will be here tomorrow and I should be able to pick up my new front bumper tomorrow as long as I can break away from work early enough.

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot about these, since I've had them for a while and haven't used them. Smoked headlight kit. I absolutely hate the switch that came with them, so that'll get changed out when I do the install.

20160414_084524_zpsycmg0j2c.jpg

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Forgot about these, since I've had them for a while and haven't used them. Smoked headlight kit. I absolutely hate the switch that came with them, so that'll get changed out when I do the install.

20160414_084524_zpsycmg0j2c.jpg

get you a OEM fog light switch and plug it in, 90% of these trucks are prewired for fogs, if not, well i have a fix around that as well ;), you can message me and i can show you what to do

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry for no updates lately, but I've just been gathering a ton of parts for different projects and getting nothing accomplished. I have too many projects going at one time and need to focus in on one thing and actually get it finished.

I've decided to stop buying a bunch of other parts so that I can actually order my tires and get the 22's on the truck. I really can't do any of the suspension work until I put the new wheels on anyway because I'm not cutting another set of new ball joints.

So pretty much nothing is going to happen until I order at least 2 tires, which I don't think I'll be able to do for a couple weeks. That will lead to a bunch of projects because I know I'll have to roll the fenders, which means I'm losing my front splash guards, which means I'll have to move some stuff around and clean up some wiring.

I will eventually have to remove them when I put the new upper control arm mounts in anyway, so that's next on the list. I've got to get my head in the game and quit scattering my time, energy and resources on multiple things at once and do them in an order that makes sense.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
I know I'm lifted and your lowered but since we're both running the 3.7 RCSB I thought I'd tell you cause I got in contact with FlyinRyan about it. Adding a CAI with a ported throttle body and intake manifold will do a bit to the truck. I have the CAI and am working on the throttle body and intake manifold personally cause no one does this for our trucks. But the CAI actually did improve mine a lot and I currently just have a cheap eBay one. I have no problems getting up and moving with my 35s. But as well he also suggested a SCT tuner if your curious I can look up which one specifically for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It has been a while, but I'm still gathering a ton of parts for a mass install.

I have added: New balljoints, new swaybar bushings, chrome lugnuts to match the chrome wheels and a bunch of tools and bushings to the pile.

I have had the upper bumper cover for a while now just waiting on a new lower bumper, but couldn't decide whether to go back with chrome or painted, but I finally made a decision and ordered the primered bumper along with a stock chrome grill to replace the billet one that I hate. I was going to have them painted to match, but have decided that I'm just going to put them in primer and stick them on the truck and continue with the mods. When I get all the body mods finished (2 years from now at the rate I'm working), I'm going to have the truck wrapped, so there's no use painting everything.

I was searching through wrap ideas and ran across this Mustang. After some consultation with my son (who's a minitrucker) we've decided to go with this theme and think it would look great on an older truck:

ford-mustang-rust-wrap-10_zpspuf85hqh.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The bumper came in today, so I matched it up to the other parts I already had. I'll get these all in the paint shop within the next couple of weeks.

20160707_171804_zpshhdoctxs.jpg

I also paid for my tires today, they're in the local warehouse, so they get installed tomorrow at noon.

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The replacement for the horrible billet grille got here ahead of schedule and was waiting when my son and I got back from Cars and Coffee so I went ahead and got it installed. Thank God that horrible piece of aluminum is no longer a piece of my truck.

20160709_145924_zpsky5yiagp.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the grill all mounted back up and snapped a picture. My vision is finally starting to take shape and I like where this is going.

20160709_202550_zpsuczlwydd.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca