Bumper replacement options?

Which bumper?

• Another sport with upgraded fogs

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Bodyguard A2L

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im looking for some opinions on a bumper replacement for my truck. My father in law backed into the truck the other weekend and took out my sport bumper, as well as my 6 day old OEM projector headlight and put a kink in the fender. Insurance is covering the cost of parts and im having an arguement with myself over what i should do. Option A is to just replace what i have and toss some black morimoto projector fogs in, or Option B which im leaning on is a Bodyguard A2L bumper.

I love the look of the sport bumper and wouldnt consider changing it unless it broke, well this seems like a good opportunity as the cost is alittle over half that of the A2L. Not to mention im pretty disappointed in How little the stock one did to protect my truck when only a small vehicle backed into me.

What do you guys think? If i get the A2L im going to do only a single bar and leave the bumler black with color matched inserts.

IMG_3843.JPG

IMG_4511.PNG

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only found one other guy on the forum with one, i really like the square lines of the bodyguard

IMG_3644.JPG

Tdjma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Aev bumper is the best looking bumper

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’ve been looking at steel front bumpers too but haven’t had the reason to bite the bullet yet. I have a Sport front bumper as well. I like the looks of the A2L but I’m also looking at a Go Rhino front bumper that looks the same. If you go off roading a lot there are some more reasons to get the A2L or other steel front bumper as it adds entry clearance. It comes down to taste, do you want more protection and added entry clearance, or to add a winch? If so, here’s your chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve been looking at steel front bumpers too but haven’t had the reason to bite the bullet yet. I have a Sport front bumper as well. I like the looks of the A2L but I’m also looking at a Go Rhino front bumper that looks the same. If you go off roading a lot there are some more reasons to get the A2L or other steel front bumper as it adds entry clearance. It comes down to taste, do you want more protection and added entry clearance, or to add a winch? If so, here’s your chance.

Truck doesnt spend too much time offroad, but im not afraid to use it either. Plans are to actually take it off the road here in a few months once its paid off and keep it as a playtoy/ showtruck because of its condition. I like the added ground clearance and the added protection from people who cant drive. I firmly beleive i wont have this problem again if i upgrade. Plus its another stand out modification

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’m going back and forth between a full steel bumper or a Barricade brush guard to protect my front end as that plastic sport bumper wouldn’t protect anything until you get to the frame of the truck and then it’s already too late. Plus, there are a ton of idiots out there that have no idea how to drive and I want them to think twice before hitting me. If I was given a choice I’d probably go with the full steel bumper in your situation. Just be aware it might lower your front end a little because of the weight.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Cant go wrong with go rhino. My painter still hasn't installed my winch yet.

View attachment 165586

Nice looking truck. Let me know how it rides/handles once you get the winch in. How much of a lift do you have now? I’m wondering how much it’s going to drop with the bumper and the winch.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6" lift, bils set at 2.8". So almost 9". Didn't seem like it dropped at all with the bumper. Hoping when I add the 12K synthetic winch, it stays the same.
(Front flares are still off from the header install.)

received_1140379176133091.jpeg

ramtaz64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Freed127 what size lift and tires and wheels do you have? I like the way your truck sits..

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What are you looking to spend?

Figure a replacement fender, prep, paint will be $400+?

I was going to suggest that ~$600 black steel front bumper with LED light kit from (I thought) AmericanTrucks, but I don't see anything in their lineup that price range anymore.

Problem with painted steel front bumpers and rust belt use is, they're going to rust unless you spend more $ having them Line-X'd or whatever. Plus they're going to take a beating with daily driver use. That's why I hate spending a ton on bumpers. I'm kind of in the same boat as you. Hit a deer last fall and cracked the heck out of my plastic sport bumper and tweaked the front right fender just enough to dimple the paint off at the fender/bumper joint to the point it's rusted.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Upgrade sport.

Looks cohesive with the rest of the vehicle, and the lightest option (weight is the enemy of performance).

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thought everything over, im going to go with the Bodyguard. I pushed for oem parts to replace what was damaged and that covers a large portion of it. The truck will only be my daily for another 10 months or so and then be parked as a weekend cruiser. I feel something higher and a bit meaner looking will fit the style of my truck. Cant wait to get everything here now!

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love the bodyguard a2l bumper

Post pics when it’s on...