C1073 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been getting a C1073 code lately, the ABS and traction control lights are on. Cruise control is not working. I have checked the ABS fuses, all are good. I have power to the harness on the pump control. At this point how do I check the pump to see if it is working or seized? I don't have a wiring diagram. Is there a way to jump it to see if it turns on?
I did the back brake pads a couple months ago. The lights went out for a couple days. I am wondering if the valve body is full of crud and preventing the pump from working, causing the code. If that's the case, should I try opening it up and cleaning it out, or maybe just bleeding the system somehow? I want to exhaust all testing before pulling the pump and controller off and replacing. It does not look fun and pretty expensive to replace.

OP
OP
R

Rob30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No input on this issue? A recent development is that the truck is starting up without any lights on the dash, but they come on as soon as I start moving now. Originally the lights were on all the time. I am wondering if anyone on here has any idea about how to test the abs pump and wiring. I would like to verify they are the problem before dropping $800 on a new pump and harness.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I can't help, but before dropping 800.00 I would let a mechanic diagnose the issue.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
C1073 DODGE Possible Causes
What does this mean?
  • Blown Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Pump Motor Fuse
  • Faulty ABS Pump Motor
  • ABS Pump Motor harness is open or shorted
  • ABS Pump Motor circuit poor electrical connection
Follow the trouble shooting guide that can be found at this site

https://www.obd2-code.com/2017/11/c1073-abs-pump-motor-control-circuit.html

It seems like your going to need a scan tool that has the ABS functionality, such as ABS activation

The
Autel Maxicheck Pro EPB/ABS/SRS/SAS/BMS/DPF Auto Scanner OBD2 Trouble Code Reader will do it, it also has a function for DIY bleeding your brakes
They cost around $170

Last edited: