Cable shut off motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No positive terminal doesn’t have any wires that’s not attached to terminal

Look around the TIPM to see if there's another wire of a similar gauge that looks a slight bit different than most others.

The first picture with the yellow crimp lug isn't likely OEM, although unlikely, it could have been added by the dealership before delivery.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you don’t scratch the rims haha

I wasn't in that much of a hurry and confident I'm far more cautious than most mechanics at a dealership. :cool:

My neighbour was harassing me because I use a powerbar and ratchet instead of an air impact wrench.

I have both an electric & air impact wrench but those crappy wheel nuts would disintegrate and it's not that difficult with a powerbar. :cool:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I searched Ram Forum and can't locate anything on the DTC PO633 but I did find a detailed definition here. Scroll down to see all the information.

This DTC could be related to your truck shutting off unexpectedly.

You mentioned the ECM was replaced. It would have been necessary to program the coded keys otherwise, this DTC would be set.

There are also many other conditions that could prompt this DTC to be set.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know what this cable is for? Stock 5.9L notices it was loose taped it and motor cut off, cleaned and tightened now radio don’t turn on.
GROUND wire going into the wire loom. Since U stated the truck turns off if pulled, than that ground is in the ignition circuit somewhere and required. As said, clean all battery connections and post, and put all back on. U could do the old dielectric grease on battery or Batteries if U have 2, ie., clean both batteries, posts, cable ends etc.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If that wire in question is indeed added in,
that wire would be laid on top of the other wires inside of the wire loom.
With a bit of effort, you could use your thumbs to split open the wire loom & look for that wire, open it every few feet.

There is a possibility that your truck only came with a single battery & the second battery was added.
or
that added wire could lead to a Battery Isolator or battery separator, which is often used when a vehicle has two batteries

OP
OP
Mgm_Harrison

Mgm_Harrison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I searched Ram Forum and can't locate anything on the DTC PO633 but I did find a detailed definition here. Scroll down to see all the information.

This DTC could be related to your truck shutting off unexpectedly.

You mentioned the ECM was replaced. It would have been necessary to program the coded keys otherwise, this DTC would be set.

There are also many other conditions that could prompt this DTC to be set.

The ECM was replaced 7 years ago and I still have the 2 factory keys never had a problem so that’s why it was confusing why all of a sudden, my dad (previous owner) said he had to get it Towed to dealership when it was brand new (back in 2006) cause same thing happened but didn’t recall what was done to fix it, but like stated I need to clean all the connections well then see how it acts before anything

JDSR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
The wire is a dedicated ground for the ecm. I would replace the connector at the battery and check/ clean the ecm end also. Also clean the terminals on both batteries.