CAI opinions help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New here, first post. I looked back 8-10 pages but couldn’t find what I was looking for. ‘05 5.7 completely stock(at this moment) Looking for a CAI, but cannot pick one basing on comments and reviews on Amazon. What are you guys using, and how was the fit? What “extra” modifications had to be done? Not too worried if it costs $70 or up to $300- as long as ease and returns make it worth it. And before the “not worth it without anything else” it already needs exhaust and it WILL get headers and full system within the next few weeks. Thanks ahead of time!

Bill Knight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought a K&N CAI for my 04 Ram Hemi and love it. It almost sounds like the old four barrel carburetor when I stomp on it. There was really no modification needed, fit really well and works great. For the hell of it I put a throttle spacer on, sounds cool and give a little bit of low end grunt. I also installed a K&N filter minder, basically what all Diesel trucks and heavy equipment have on the intake tube or air box. I think all in I might have 500 bucks into the induction system. As for exhaust the truck came unfortunately with Magnaflow, which I can't stand. Swithed it to Flowmaster Super 10 as soon I could also with no resonators either. Loud as hell and I love it. Good luck man and make that Hemi awesome.

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran an Airraid CAI on my 2003 Hemi... it fit great, zero issues. I was completely satisfied with it. I got the one with the non-oiled filter...

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I ran an Airraid CAI on my 2003 Hemi... it fit great, zero issues. I was completely satisfied with it. I got the one with the non-oiled filter...
Same. Once I removed the silencer the intake ended up being louder than the Borla exhaust lol.

P9220033.jpg

I recently removed it but I think I might still have all the pieces if you're interested?

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stock air box pulls cold air...save your money and get an Airaid MIT to connect the stock airbox to the TB. Unless you’re doing it for the look

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Again if you’re not in it for the look, MIT is:
-cheaper
-Uses stock airbox (which pulls cold air)
-Cheap replacement paper filters (I’m not a fan of oiled filters)
-sounds great

Not gonna do as much for the engine bay obviously