can't send texts anymore.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone i have the 8.4AN in my truck, when i first got it i could send whatever text i want by saying it out loud. But now it never works it gives me the option "Say a pre-defined message, other or say list to blah blah blah"

So i will say out what i want to say but it'll never work and get me to repeat it over and over.

Anyone else?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
have you had your truck for more than a year? after the 1st year the u-connect free service is up and if you want to still have that function you need to pay for the the service.

OP
OP
J

JP11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
have you had your truck for more than a year? after the 1st year the u-connect free service is up and if you want to still have that function you need to pay for the the service.

Ive had it since May. It still reads texts to me, but i cannot send a text unless its from the list of predefined messages. I Used to be able to say whatever i want.

NWRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I bought my truck in May, too. I noticed the same thing today. There's something expiring on Sept 30th, but I'll have to look again what it is.

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my truck in May, too. I noticed the same thing today. There's something expiring on Sept 30th, but I'll have to look again what it is.

That will be your Uconnect access which allows you to lock/unlock, start, and sound the horn among other features with your phone. Yelp is included in this.

The via mobile you will still have. This allows the use of apps like pandora.

This shouldn't effect the ability to send messages.

OP you should just hit the assist button in your rear view and get someone from uconnect to help you.