Ceiling mount dvd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have a trip from Georgia to Michigan this summer with the kids. Want to install a ceiling mount dvd screen. Anyone ever do this?

Thanks!

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These things are about as dated as CDs. Just get a headrest tablet mount.

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a table fan, as I have loads of dvds in the minivan already. Only headrest dvd screens I can find are bookoo dollars

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Depending on the number of kids you are transporting (man that sounds insensitive), here is a cost-effective idea. I agree the DVD player in the roof is outdated but I hear ya on all the DVDs. If you can find the time, this is precisely what I would do.

Buy $50 Amazon fire tablets for each child. Get headphones to go with them. Buy the Western Digital MyPassport storage device. It has 3+ TB of storage. Burn all the DVDs in your collection (Mac user, use Handbrake, PC User tons of apps)and put them on the Passport. Now EACH child can watch what he/she wants out of your entire collection and you don't need to haul that DVD library. You then have happy kids with cheap tablets, happy spouse in the passenger seat, and the means to watch all of these videos anytime you want vis-a-vis wifi (planes, trains, automobiles and of course home). It can also simultaneously back up your data files.

You don't have to pay someone (or God help you, do it yourself) to install an aftermarket DVD player in your roof. Win-win-win.

Good luck on your project!

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Depending on the number of kids you are transporting (man that sounds insensitive), here is a cost-effective idea. I agree the DVD player in the roof is outdated but I hear ya on all the DVDs. If you can find the time, this is precisely what I would do.

Buy $50 Amazon fire tablets for each child. Get headphones to go with them. Buy the Western Digital MyPassport storage device. It has 3+ TB of storage. Burn all the DVDs in your collection (Mac user, use Handbrake, PC User tons of apps)and put them on the Passport. Now EACH child can watch what he/she wants out of your entire collection and you don't need to haul that DVD library. You then have happy kids with cheap tablets, happy spouse in the passenger seat, and the means to watch all of these videos anytime you want vis-a-vis wifi (planes, trains, automobiles and of course home). It can also simultaneously back up your data files.

You don't have to pay someone (or God help you, do it yourself) to install an aftermarket DVD player in your roof. Win-win-win.

This ^^^

Socal, There should have been a mic-drop after that post.

The mods can now lock out this thread.

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol thanks for the inputs guys, I'll look into that.

Brent L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I did the same since the boys have iPads. Worked great!

Sent from my iPad