Center Console Swap/Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom Fenwick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1116D15F-AC77-4FA0-A4AC-F487AE5B9ED3.jpeg 7BC9B5BE-23CA-4C57-8F2B-03D4422D3968.jpeg To anyone that has knowledge about a center console swap , what are these plugs for exactly. Just wondering if they are plug and play. I currently do not have heated seats but the console is setup for that so I’m thinking one of these plugs are for that. Also my current jump seat has a CD player in it so is that part of the large plug in the 2nd pic or what ? I looked on several forums but it really doesn’t dumb it down for me. Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I tackle this. My truck is a 2014 Express and the Console is out of a 20-8 Laramie

Megazor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First, from my experience it should be plug and play. The plugs that were not used from the factor should be tucked away and taped to the harness. Converting from a console to jump seat my truck had every plug and was plug and play. Before bolting everything in I would suggest setting the console in the truck and using the console harness as a guide to where the factor unused plugs are hidden. (edit) I went from Laramie to Laramie for parts.

First picture.
Plug on the right is for the USB charging port. It runs the console harness up to the port inside the arm rest.

Plug on the left is for the CD player and media hub stuff. Give away for the CD player are the two bright yellow wires, one with silver/grey. I'm guessing your console doesn't have a CD player? Reason I say that is the left plug... looks to be missing all of the CD player wires. There should also be a T-shaped plug with pink/white stripe and black wire for the 12 volt charge port at this end of your console harness. Plugs into a blue port for the 12volt that is in the console by the cup holders. The Jump seat harness has the media hub / CD player plug connect under the drivers seat. If I remember correctly my console media hub / CD player plugged in by the dash.

Second Picture. Both of those plugs should connect under the drivers seat. Some of the wires in each plug are for the rear heated seats. When I swapped from my console to jump seat I still used the pugs under the drivers seat. The jump seat and console both had 1 plug under the drivers seat the was exclusive. Better said my truck seat has three plugs and a USB plug under it, and only two used for the console. The console did not use the USB plug that was under the drivers seat.

I hope that does add more confusion to you.