center jump seat swap need help with a part#

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crowbarr_1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just swaped out from a 2011 to a 2014 center jumpseat and it had the usb and lighter in the console but my truck didnt have any of that . I was wondering can i buy that harness some where to my dash to the jumpseat ?

bendodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Grey connector with red insert should plug into 13 pin grey connector under driver seat. The USB connector may not be under the seat if your truck doesn't have a radio with a usb port.The other plug is for the SD card ? hay not be under the seat either if you have a base radio. Is there a part # on the console harness ? I have been trying to find it so I can add 12v plug to my truck.

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're just "upgrading" from the old jumpsuit without cup holders to the new one with cup holders, you'll find your USB port behind the upper glove box (or spot where it should be). I think this only applies to those with U-Connect. You may be able to get by with a USB extension cable to reach from behind the dash to under the console assuming your new console has a regular hook up for the USB. If not, the wires may match up to the ones running to that adapter behind the upper glove box. Ram did away with the glove box USB in 2013, but the upper glove box is extremely easy to remove.

shackleford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crobarr, I am looking right now at doing the same thing, did the new jumpseat bolt right in? Any problems installing? I am really wanting the cupholders in the console instead of folding out of the dash and found one pretty cheap on ebay. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
C

Crowbarr_1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well i looked behind the uper glove box and i didnt have any usb nowhere in there