change what radio turns on to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJoe1094

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
ok guys this is a weird question and im assuming its in the right place. but i was wondering if there was a way to make my radio turn on straight to the AUX input instead of going to radio? its the stock head unit that looks like this
853705-4.jpg-440x330
(not my truck)

but the reason i want to do this is because i just put in an XM receiver and i have it hooked up through the jack cable and frankly im lazy lol

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
As far as I know the radio will turn on to the last function used when it was shut down. However, since the radio cannot assess the status of the AUX channel it will turn on to the function that was used prior to going to the AUX channel.

To verify this put a CD in the player and and shut it down. Should wake up to the CD as long as the CD remained in the player. The only exception I can think of to this condition is that in some cases the radio may not initiate to the CD player in cold weather condition as there could be frost on the lens preventing the player from reading the CD.

This is most definitely controlled by some code in the Head unit's ASICs and unless you have the ability to reprogram the radio I don't believe this can be done.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AxleFolly