Changed battery on 2019 1500 and now no power to vehicle, bad fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abond2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good morning,

So my 2019 ram 1500 was slow starting and the battery officially died out on me. I go to change the battery out, removed the old one and put the new one in. Go to start the truck and open the door, no chime, power steps don’t come down. Dash doesn’t light up, truck won’t start. Bought the top of the line agm battery from autozone. Is it possibly a fuse that I somehow popped while unhooking cables and if so which fuse? Thank you in advance!

OP
OP
A

abond2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it was installed correctly (+,-) and the terminals aren’t corroded. When I test the battery on my multimeter it’s showing 12~ volts

rambilt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same issue. My 2021 1500 etorque is completely dead no power going to any electronics. Its at the dealership right now. I just bought that thing last friday. it only has less than 8000 miles the reason I bought it. I thought I made a good deal by saving some money buying used instead of new.

KWal

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Interesting. Please keep us posted on what the resolution turns out to be.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would put that battery on a charger overnight, batteries sitting on a shelf loose some of their charge.

ibike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Load test the battery. Maybe you got a bum one. Multimeter reading won’t give you a true story of the condition of a battery

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Interesting indeed! In my 19' my stock battery was starting to show signs of weakening a few months back so I didn't hesitate to get in front of the pending issue.

I went for the H8 AGM upgrade and installed an Interstate H8 AGM battery.

All was perfect afterwards, and my truck actually fired up with a more crisp and sharp defined start after the install (was it the H8 AGM or just because it was a new battery... who knows...lol).

Suffice it to say though, this H8 AGM battery upgrade is definitely an improvement over the stock H7 lead acid filled battery, hands down!

rambilt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my truck back last Friday from the dealership. They told me it was a loose connection at one of the terminals inside the fuse box. Make sure those terminals are all tight. The terminal at fault was the second one from the right.

Attachments

• Fuse Box.JPG
    Fuse Box.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 23

traviskm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I got my truck back last Friday from the dealership. They told me it was a loose connection at one of the terminals inside the fuse box. Make sure those terminals are all tight. The terminal at fault was the second one from the right.
I am having this issue right now with my 2019 Ram. I checked the fuses and didn't see any bad but I'm going to check the terminals when I get home. New battery and still happening.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Shouldn't a fully charged battery read higher than 12V? That's my experience.

I'd put the batter on a charger then try again.