Changing the region code on Uconnect 8.3 unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mskembo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Helo! This is my first post here. I bought a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab 4x4 last week. I've really loved it so far and look forward to getting to know all the ins and outs of it. I was researching an issue with Uconnect apps not showing up on my system yesterday and ran across a thread about those not being offered in Canada, I ignored that (since I'm in the US), but then today I looked at the original window sticker from my truck and saw that it was from Canada.

So here is my question. Is there a way to re-flash it so that it acts like it's always been in the US? So I can play with the Uconnect stuff?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't have Uconnect Access

I figure that being as i can press the telephone button & leave a Voice message, i don't need to TEXT it.

If i need assistance, i can press the phone button & call the police or a Tow Truck
I don't need the ASSIST or 911 buttons on the rear view mirror.

If i want to find my Ram, i can just press the Panic button on my remote for just long enough for the horn to let me know which direction that i need to walk. I don't need to use my phone to do that.

Why would i want to remote start my Ram using a cell phone ?
If i am not near my Ram, i don't need to Lock or Unlock or Start my Ram for someone else.
Beside it takes forever for that method to work, as much as 20 to 30 minutes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwavvns