Cheapest tires on the market!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronin_Joe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W for my 2012. I currently have 1K miles on them so far so good. I got them shipped to sears and installed for less than $800. I think paid 160 a tire.

So far they are quieter then my Discoverer AT3.

Regcabguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I-6
The trucks are heavy and deserve a truck tire. That means an LT. I don't know how 1/2 ton manufacturers get away with installing passenger car tires regardless of load capacity.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hehehe...I see what you did there.

Lol yup. If you save all your cheap rubber through out the year. Melt all the tires down at the end of the year and call it a good year lmao

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I like the COOPER H/T tires decent all year-good in snow too-dont wear too fast in summer.-3yrs on them -got my money worth!

anchorsaweigh

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love my Nokia’s Rotiivas.

AWLINK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Since we are talking tires, I am looking for a good e-rated[10 ply] tire for my 2018,Ram 1500. It came with the Goodyear Wranglers,but they are soft and squat quite a bit when I am hooked to our camper.

PJ Snyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have used BFG KO2's on my Ram and Grand Cherokee. They're great, wear good and good traction in the snow.
I've used the BFG's for over 30 years

Aries Rising

Reaction score
Ram Year
199?
Engine
I purchased the cheapest tires on the market. 100 bucks a tire! Let's see how they perform!

Is this a general PSA (Public Service Announcement) or a more targeted warning, for Dodge owners in particular?

jmc921

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I've posted this before but I purchased 4 Kumho Crugen HT51 275/60R20 for $124.60 each on the Walmart site. The base price was $138.44 but since my wife works at Walmart, I got a 10% discount on the price. Also, free shipping. Mount and balance was $100 so overall about $600. Not cheap but not bad and the tires have been fantastic (about 12K miles) and obviously WAY better than the original Goodyears. Those things had crappy wet traction when they were new. It actually took me awhile to realize that, with the new tires, I wasn't going to have the back end slide around in every sharp turn in the wet unless I babied the throttle. Also, I picked these since they had the 3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake symbol (not sure if this is still a thing) for snow traction.

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
If you need to buy 2X the cheap brand to equal 1X a good brand you aren't saving money. There is the cost of balancing plus your time.

Also, if you buy them at Discount Tire you get tire rotation and flat fix in the price.

So ... you probably paid too much for the cheap tires.

These are great tires in your size.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NITTO-Dura-Grappler-P265-70R17-113S-Tire/44861233
I agree I bought new tires for a 1992 Chevy k2500 and my 2003 Ram when the had a sale last year and I love the tire repair for the life of the tires and rotation , The tires cost a little over 500 a set of four but have 40000 mile warranty on them . I drive less than 12000 a year so they will last me a decent time and drive nice on the trucks with nice thread .

Nuke71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went with Duraturn Travia H/T tires a couple of months ago. Had them balanced twice and there was still a lot of vibration at 80 km/h+. Garage rigged up a jig on the tire balancer and discovered a couple of them were not round.
Luckily the garage let me pay the difference and they replaced all 4 with the Cooper H/T's. Chalked it up as a learning experience and will stick with good name brand tires.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Went with Duraturn Travia H/T tires a couple of months ago. Had them balanced twice and there was still a lot of vibration at 80 km/h+. Garage rigged up a jig on the tire balancer and discovered a couple of them were not round.
Luckily the garage let me pay the difference and they replaced all 4 with the Cooper H/T's. Chalked it up as a learning experience and will stick with good name brand tires.

How are you liking the cooperrs ? I flipped a coin between the HT and the AT3 4s. Ended up with the AT3.

Nuke71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How are you liking the cooperrs ? I flipped a coin between the HT and the AT3 4s. Ended up with the AT3.
I like them. Low road noise, good fuel economy and they're round so no vibration haha. I went with the H/T because my job requires me to do a lot of long distance driving so I didn't want a beefy tire, and I don't do any off roading.
I just looked up the AT3's, they look like a nice tire. If I knew about them before, it probably would've been a toss up as well.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I like them. Low road noise, good fuel economy and they're round so no vibration haha. I went with the H/T because my job requires me to do a lot of long distance driving so I didn't want a beefy tire, and I don't do any off roading.
I just looked up the AT3's, they look like a nice tire. If I knew about them before, it probably would've been a toss up as well.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

My concern was with IT was winter storm driving. Will be interesting to hear thought over the winter.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hell I got 40s for under $1100K shipped to my door. Had the best reviews fire rain and snow. Sadly I don't have to worry about that white stuff

04ctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 4:10
flats don't mean cheap tires, that happens from driving / parking where trash is (like the shoulder), or construction zones, whatever.

cheap tires usually won't balance, or won't hold a balance over time (I had cheap 35's like that for a while,"Lexani brand"). that is MISERABLE, getting them off & balanced & stuff.

the other problem is "popping a cord" or busting a cord, had that happen on a mustang (Kumho's), 275/40-17, and a 2500 Dodge, had 305/40-22 on it, (toyo proxies?)

I think I parked the dodge half on/half off the driveway, and the part in the dirt sunk lower & ripped the cords. IDK, but either way, a buster cord on a cheap tire=buying another cheap tire=same price as 1 decent tire.

the truth about the Ford Explorer's exploding tire was the rear axle was bad by design, if you look up under the Ford Exploder, there is an inverted arm & a few counterweights (look like hockey pucks), and that is part of what caused the less quality tires to fail.

OP
OP
Mac Chan

Mac Chan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the tires mounted and balanced. 156$ total.
I like the feel of em I can feel more grip. Road noise is a little louder but nothing overbearing.

20191011_091339.jpg

20191011_111714.jpg