Check engine light (MIL) but no faults found.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It popped up about a week ago so I decided to take a look at it with AlfaOBD. I had them resolved, but the light still stays on. The second time I check, the software claims that no faults are found. I've tried disconnecting the battery but it comes back up the second time around. The dealership claims it was a faulty battery with a loose teminal, but the issue persist. I don't know what to do anymore.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
How many On/Off key cycles have occurred since you cleared the codes?

OP
OP
R

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Okay so as of today, the MIL still turns on startup but after a few seconds it flashes then turns off. I thought it was finally resolved but it keeps on repeating.

OP
OP
R

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I counted 10 flashes on the check engine light. Does this mean anything significant that the folks at the dealership missed?

Edit: So it seems when I start the truck, the light goes off. But it only stays on when I put in "RUN".

Last edited:

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The CEL comes on at first as a bulb check it also will be on if the ignition is in run but the engine is not running. As long as it’s not on with the engine running then it’s ok.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
If the CEL flashes with the key in the"ON" position this means you have one or more monitors "not ready".

OP
OP
R

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The CEL comes on at first as a bulb check it also will be on if the ignition is in run but the engine is not running. As long as it’s not on with the engine running then it’s ok.

If the CEL flashes with the key in the"ON" position this means you have one or more monitors "not ready".
All right. As of this morning, the CEL does not come on anymore. Whatever issued it had finally resolved itself. It just recently passed inspection this morning. Thank goodness it's over (for now).