checking out ABS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgopus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 l 24V Diesel
Actually I'm haveing an issue with a smarty programmer not able to speak with my ABS to allow programming for larger tires, the ABS seems to be wolrking ok, no lights staying on ie ABS/Brake they go off when they should.
However my smarty programmer s3 will not communicatge with my ABS, it gives a communication error, techs at smarty say check the ABS, any suggestions, seems to me everything is working just fine, could it be a bad connection with the ABS computer, not the rear sensor???

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
ABS isn't what is adjusted for larger tires. Your tire adjustment is in the speedometer/speedo gear. Dealer can also adjust what's called the "pinion factor" in later model trucks (98+ with the sensor in the rear axle).

Myself, i run SCT custom programming with a SuperChips handheld on top for the tire adjustment.

OP
OP
S

sgopus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 l 24V Diesel
program ABS

apparently your not familar with smarty programming, as the instruction booklet says program the ABS to match the tire size. this is not me this is the smarty instruction manual