Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
845 is also much more difficult to apply than something like a butter wet product, two different animals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
powerlock followed by collinite best combo

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO SPS Graphene spray detailer or Polish Angel High Gloss---high end but results are stunning. Pricing not for the faint-hearted----LOL
Jay

OP
OP
ClassicJoe

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately (or rather fortunately), my truck is about to spend some time in the turkey woods... I never even thought about claying it because it is new-ish (2019), but I imagine that would be the best first step to take after turkey season...

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You would be surprised at the amount of contaminants on newer vehicles. Do a "baggie test", I think you'll be surprised.
Jay

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You would be surprised at the amount of contaminants on newer vehicles. Do a "baggie test", I think you'll be surprised.
Jay
Ditto

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO SPS Graphene spray detailer or Polish Angel High Gloss---high end but results are stunning. Pricing not for the faint-hearted----LOL
Jay
Tell me more about this "Polish Angel High Gloss." Is it a one and done paint and trim product?
I was just about to order some more f11, it's not the miracle cure for rain spots as claimed, but man it's nice to have a detailer that can be used on the paint and black trim that actually makes a difference and lasts.
I've been very happy with the durability and effectiveness of f11 on keeping my trim fresh and black.
This was taken months after my last application of f11. Notice how rich and black the plastic and rubber trim is on the front, not to mention the shine, it lasted a good 3-4 months, in rain and shine like this! You definitely wanna clay bar first though.
I like the "one and done all over" capability of this product.
Yes I know, it's tire time again. lol
IMG_1288.JPG
IMG_1289.JPG
IMG_1290.JPG

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tray--here is a u-tube from a guy(he likes to talk alot)and he talks about and installs some High Gloss. It gives you an idea of what High Gloss is, how it works and how long it lasts. It usually looks better the day after you install it. I use it one day before every show I do. The least you use the better---if you end up with streaks, it means you used too much product.
I hope this helps.
Jay

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Jay, thanks, but I can't watch the video at work, but did you use it on your black trim also? I want something I can use on both at the same time.

DepotBo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'm probably the only one here that doesn't know this, but what does it mean to "clay" or "claying"?

I've never been real great at upkeep of my vehicles, but I need to and from some of the previous comments, I definitely need to learn more about this process before I go and damage or make things worse by trying to make them better...

Thanks for the tips and advice above and any more info to follow!

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm probably the only one here that doesn't know this, but what does it mean to "clay" or "claying"?

I've never been real great at upkeep of my vehicles, but I need to and from some of the previous comments, I definitely need to learn more about this process before I go and damage or make things worse by trying to make them better...

Thanks for the tips and advice above and any more info to follow!
Clay bar removes the impurities that embed themselves in your paint, rub your hand across your paint after it's been washed, feel that sandpaper texture? That's imbedded impurities and come off with a clay bar and water after washing, or do like me, and use a synthetic clay bar while it's wet after washing. Whichever one you use make sure the area stays wet or you'll scratch up your clear coat. No need to use spray detailer as prescribed on the directions either, water works just as well, is easier and cheaper.
It'll feel smooth as glass when finished.
But, it's mandatory you wax it now or seal it because all the wax or sealer has been stripped off and the paint/clear coat has no protection now.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tray--I have not used it on the vinyl nor have I talked to anyone that has.
Jay

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tray--I have not used it on the vinyl nor have I talked to anyone that has.
Jay
Okay then, that's what I love about the f-11, it goes on everything from paint, satin black finishes to plastic and looks fantastic and is an easy wipe on and off and then polish to shine up.
Think'n I'll just order some more then.
Thank's Jay

DepotBo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Clay bar removes the impurities that embed themselves in your paint, rub your hand across your paint after it's been washed, feel that sandpaper texture? That's imbedded impurities and come off with a clay bar and water after washing, or do like me, and use a synthetic clay bar while it's wet after washing. Whichever one you use make sure the area stays wet or you'll scratch up your clear coat. No need to use spray detailer as prescribed on the directions either, water works just as well, is easier and cheaper.
It'll feel smooth as glass when finished.
But, it's mandatory you wax it now or seal it because all the wax or sealer has been stripped off and the paint/clear coat has no protection now.
Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Keep in mind that you might end up with some minor scratches after claying a vehicle ... it is recommended to use a bubber/polisher after you clay to buff it all with some light swirl remover ....

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't waste your time with the actual clay you have to nead like dough as you go. I use one of these, this is a synthetic one you get at any Autozone type store, works just as well, a ton quicker and way easier with the same results. You do have keep water running over the area as you go no matter which one you use though.
thumb[1].jpg

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't waste your time with the actual clay you have to nead like dough as you go. I use one of these, this is a synthetic one you get at any Autozone type store, works just as well, a ton quicker and way easier with the same results. You do have keep water running over the area as you go no matter which one you use though.
View attachment 242308
O now that is something MANY professional detailers will argue with you about, I definitely would to. The synthetics are great for certain purposes but theres other situations (and many) where nothing that's been discovered yet can beat clay. I'm not a detail my own rigs with autozone and Walmart products guy who talks like hes a pro (not at all saying you or anyone in specific is, but if you're not then you know exactly what I'm talking about lol) and if many pro detailers had to choose only synthetic or clay for everything many will be choosing clay. And I'm Not talking about guys who work for companies trying to sell there synthetic products so making stuff up and using setup videos to show fake results in fake or unfair comparisons which has plagued the internet now days since detailing has become the "cool thing."

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
O now that is something MANY professional detailers will argue with you about, I definitely would to. The synthetics are great for certain purposes but theres other situations (and many) where nothing that's been discovered yet can beat clay. I'm not a detail my own rigs with autozone and Walmart products guy who talks like hes a pro (not at all saying you or anyone in specific is, but if you're not then you know exactly what I'm talking about lol) and if many pro detailers had to choose only synthetic or clay for everything many will be choosing clay. And I'm Not talking about guys who work for companies trying to sell there synthetic products so making stuff up and using setup videos to show fake results in fake or unfair comparisons which has plagued the internet now days since detailing has become the "cool thing."

I'm no professional either, but I get the exact same results from the synthetic vs clay. The things "supposedly" cured/fixed with the clay claim has never worked for me. The synthetic removes 100% of the impurities and makes it feel like glass, so that's good enough for me, and a lot easier to boot.
f11 get's a bad rap from the "pros" too, but all I know is the stuff works (almost) as advertised. Apply over paint, trim or whatever at the same time, buff off and viola, beautiful results that last about 3 moths if you only wash with plain water. I love that.

Last edited:

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm no professional either, but I get the exact same results from the synthetic vs clay. The things "supposedly" cured/fixed with the clay claim has never worked for me. The synthetic removes 100% of the impurities and makes it feel like glass, so that's good enough for me, and a lot easier to boot.
f11 get's a bad rap from the "pros" too, but all I know is the stuff works (almost) as advertised. Apply over paint, trim or whatever at the same time, buff off and viola, beautiful results that last about 3 moths if you only wash with plain water. I love that.
I unintentionally put traditional clay on a pedestal just there so I'll take it right back off that pedestal by saying the pads like you posted are hands down way more convenient than clay, just the fact you can drop it and not have to throw it away is enough to make it way more convenient lol. That is for sure.