Chevy style mirror hmm....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Finally seen a set on a truck. I actually like them.i know there is a company that makes these now if anyone has the link.IMG_6105~2.jpg IMG_6105~2.jpg

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is one I'm going to have to completely disagree on. Everybody was on Zach Scott's nuts over at the ram FB group over these mirrors. Think they're a downgrade from the ram mirrors. Just my opinion. But, again we all have our own likes

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is one I'm going to have to completely disagree on. Everybody was on Zach Scott's nuts over at the ram FB group over these mirrors. Think they're a downgrade from the ram mirrors. Just my opinion. But, again we all have our own likes

I’ve sat in a ram with tire mirrors down and also in tow position. Then in another truck with real tow mirrors. While the rams tow mirrors give a better view than my sport mirrors, the ram mirrors didn’t do as well as the real tow mirrors all the other brands use. So I won’t put ram style tow mirrors on my truck. If you prefer the ram mirrors then go ahead and use them. You paid for your truck; use what works best for you.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm all for people doing what they like with their stuff. No hate here. I haven't been on the inside of a truck with these tow mirrors. Maybe they are superior for towing with? Just think the factory sport or tow mirrors look better. Merely my opinion.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, I'm curious as to why the GMC style are "real" tow mirrors compared to the Mopar ones?

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just installed the Boost Auto mirrors today. They are so much better for me than the oem tow mirrors.

I wasn't really a fan of how they looked either, but I didn't really care. The ram tow mirrors just suck imo.

The GM mirrors actually look better than I thought once I saw them in person.

20210313_112922(0)~3.jpg 20210313_112007.jpg 20210313_111852.jpg

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I hate the moose look but I can see so much more with my mirrors up. My truck is pretty wide now days so being able to see where my $$$$$ rims are is nice. I think if I keep it I'm gonna go with these mirrors.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah, since buying this truck a few months ago I realized why I see so many people driving around with the tow mirrors up..

They still aren't the best view flipped up, but they are definitely better.

I definitely didn't want to drive around with them up all the time so I am pretty happy I went the GM style.

2 complaints I have with the GM mirrors are the "puddle" lights which just shine in your face when you open the door and the red led in the mirrors are far too visible from the drivers seat.

The first issue I am going to solve by hooking up the puddle lights to a switch and then adding a set of actual puddle lights to the bottom of the mirrors.

Not sure quite yet on the second issue. But at least I can see now..

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a never ending debate as to wether the tow mirrors up look good or dumb on the rams. I drive a 2500 Express van for work, which is the same orientation, with thw lower blind spot mirror just tucked in closer like the sport mirrors. One thing that I will say about the mirrors flipped up is they create a little bit of a blind spot. Almost died pulling out of my neighborhood one day, lol. Didn't see the truck coming at me at first glance cause the mirror blocked my view. As for the pics beemer posted of the view from inside the truck, I see no difference in the view of the mirror between the ram and the GMC mirrors? Is it better?

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah, they do look similar but the GM has more surface area of mirror.

The mirrors are wider so even though they don't stick out as much as the ram mirrors, I can still see more.

And of course I don't have to drive around with them flipped up.

Honestly, if the ram mirrors stayed upright and just extended like everybody else's tow mirrors, they'd be OK. They don't have as much glass as the GM mirror, but I definitely wouldn't have bothered replacing them.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very helpful answer. You've sold me on you getting yourself a set, and putting them on your truck.

I plan to after I put cameras on my 33’ TT. Those suckers aren’t cheap, but they’re very useful when trying to backup into a trick spot where any stile mirror is useless.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, they do look similar but the GM has more surface area of mirror.

The mirrors are wider so even though they don't stick out as much as the ram mirrors, I can still see more.

And of course I don't have to drive around with them flipped up.

Honestly, if the ram mirrors stayed upright and just extended like everybody else's tow mirrors, they'd be OK. They don't have as much glass as the GM mirror, but I definitely wouldn't have bothered replacing them.

If my truck came with tow mirrors I wouldn’t replace them either. Mine came with the sports mirrors, so they aren’t very useful when pulling a larger trailer. So if I’m going to add tow mirrors I’m going to choose what I’ll be happiest with. But like you I wouldn’t switch if I already had tow mirrors. I went to the dealership and sat in a truck with the tow mirrors in the down and tow positions to see what they were like. In the down position they were far superior to the sports mirrors that came on my truck.

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
For those that may be considering these mirrors, after having had them on the truck for nearly a month and half I definitely recommend them still.

I'm currently working in VA and I have a rented Rebel with the tow mirrors and I really don't like them especially now that I have used the Boost mirrors for a while.

If I had to complain about something, the 2 things that annoy me about the Boost mirrors are:

1- The red blinker led in the mirror are very bright and at night are kind of blinding to me.i plan to see if some tinting will help.

2- The "puddle lamps" are rear facing and just shine in your face when you go to open the door.
I did know about this in advance though and I plan on hooking these up to a switch to use as general lighting when I'm backing up. I'll probably also add real puddle lamps, but we'll see.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do these work with the power folding button? Or do you have to manually fold them back?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The ads for both mirrors shown earlier read Manual Folding

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah, unfortunately no power folding version yet

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
On my 2020 3500 tow mirrors the large mirror is flat. They do not adjust outboard enough to obtain the view I desire when in the down position. They are acceptable when in the tow position. I have a dually so I want my mirrors set wider. I usually adjust my large mirrors so I can just not see the side of my truck. When set that way, I can see a vehicle in the windshield mirror transition from the center to the left or right outside mirror without blind spots.

If those large mirrors were curved, the field of view would be better when driving. I was wondering if they were flat because someone determined it was better for backing trailers?