Cigarette lighter in center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1 Ram Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 4X4 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How hard is it to get into center console to check the power lead going to the cigarette lighter (with bucket seats). The power goes on & off on mine while driving when hitting bumps in the road. My truck is a 2016 Big Horn crew cab. Thanks

BMiller541

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
To get to the 12v plug in the center console storage bin. You need to pull off the full stereo/switch face from the dash, remove 2 screws under the lid of the center console, and remove the 2-3 (forgot exactly how many) screws holding the center console down.

OP
OP

1 Ram Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks BMiller541. Does the stereo/switch face just pull off or is it more involved? (I haven't looked at that part of it) I saw that there was 2 screws under the rubber bin (in the very front of the console) but that didn't do anything. So do I have to remove the whole console? I thought there would probably be an access without taking it all off.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The tray under there heater controls has 2 screws under the rubber mat, then the bin in the middle has one screw under the rubber mat. then the top of the console lifts off. Its held on by clips

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I didn't pull the stereo face.

I followed this, and worked a charm.

OP
OP

1 Ram Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the replies- I took it apart yesterday but didn't find any wiring issues.