Cilajet Paint Protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anybody have experience with this? Just put a deposit down on a truck at Dave Smith and they are offering it for $700. I only found one short thread on the forum about it with was more than a few years old. I'm not leaning towards doing it, but thought I'd check. about a third of the price for a ceramic pro coating.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like a decent product and endorsed btly leno, but I'd never let the dealer apply something like that... Make sure someone who knows what they are doing and takes pride in their work do it.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Makes sense. Dave Smith probably would be a reputable authorized dealer, but it’s all up to the individual doing it. I’ll probably skip it and maybe look into something else.

Or just burn that money on an exhaust to both enjoy and **** my neighbors off. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fwiw, my ceramic coating was my favorite mod by far. It'll be the first thing I do to all future vehicles. Mine also only cost about $1,200 which seems like a good price compared to quotes others get.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Dealers offer the option, my local one does, but the applicator is a 3rd party independent contractor.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO I'd wait till you can choose a local detailer of your choice based on others experiences and research you can do locally. Sorry, I just don't trust dealerships to do the right thing when it comes to stuff like this--even if they contract it out.
Jay

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What’s your take on it?

It's pretty much a ceramic paint sealer, much better than the old paint sealers they sold you with a car purchase back in the day.

I watched a local detailer apply a similar product to a newer Mustang recently. He told me for best results he strongly advises that unless it's brand new, the vehicle should be clayed and closely inspected to avoid sealing foreign material.

The result looked really nice to me. He did a quick demo with some nasty, muddy water and the stuff didn't stick. It just slid off and left no residue behind. Think of it as RainX for clearcoat.

He said it won't last forever but depending on environmental conditions, miles driven, yadda yadda yadda, he would not expect to have to do the car again for another 3 to 5 years.

arf011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fwiw, my ceramic coating was my favorite mod by far. It'll be the first thing I do to all future vehicles. Mine also only cost about $1,200 which seems like a good price compared to quotes others get.
I got a quote on this today for my 2022 Ram Bighorn 1500. It was 1500.00. I thought a bit expensive. Would like more information if anyone has it.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck had a lot of factory overspray on it. Plus it's 11 years old.

I just got my truck back from having the clear coat corrected and ceramic coated. It's unbelievable how slick that truck is. It's dry, but you take your hand across it, it feel like oiled glass.

My opinion: Ceramic Coating is expensive, but a very good value. My truck has never looked better. I LOVE my truck.

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not ceramic but i have been using Zaino since 1996