Circled Icon Sat Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spirit79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Anybody have a white ring around their vehicle icon on their sat nav screen? I don’t remember seeing it previously.

Last edited:

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Mine always had a circle. I think mine is blue though. Als after the update I noticed the vehicle changed to a car. I had a pickup icon before.

OP
OP
Spirit79

Spirit79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Not sure what’s going on. Today I disconnected the battery for a bit, re connected it and all was well. I noticed the clock went to 12:15. I reset the clock telling it to not use GPS time. I went on a test drive and entered a couple destinations and it worked fine. Just now went out to eat and after coming back to the truck, the time was 12:15 again.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure what’s going on. Today I disconnected the battery for a bit, re connected it and all was well. I noticed the clock went to 12:15. I reset the clock telling it to not use GPS time. I went on a test drive and entered a couple destinations and it worked fine. Just now went out to eat and after coming back to the truck, the time was 12:15 again.
If you have a 13 to 17 Ram have you updated to the new 18.45.01 firmware? If not and you have an RA4 radio it will be necessary to update for the satellite rollover on 11/03/19. Your clock and GPS will most likely be incorrect until you do. Also the circle around the nave icon is normal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spirit79

Spirit79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I have the upgrade kit from Infotainment.com. It’s been fine for several months. Just the last few days it got glitchy. This morning it seems all is well. The time is correct at least. Not sure what firmware I have and no idea how to update it.
Thanks for the info.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the upgrade kit from Infotainment.com. It’s been fine for several months. Just the last few days it got glitchy. This morning it seems all is well. The time is correct at least. Not sure what firmware I have and no idea how to update it.
Thanks for the info.
There is an update you need to install. The firmware update is 18.45.01 for the RA4 . This is to address the satellite rollover on 11/03/18. Your radio will continue to glitch until you do. The update itself is easy. Once you download it to a USB you just plug it into the USB port in your truck and follow the prompts on the radio. If you go into your settings menu and then to system information scroll down to software version and that's you actual firmware version. There is a post from Mpgrimm2 with the18.45.01 file that you can download. If you're not one of those guys who feels comfortable with that you can have a friend who is good with computers do it for you. For some reason I can't paste threads to another thread with this phone but I will sent you link to the thread in a P.M that talks about the rollover and has the link to download the 18.45.01 firmware.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a sec....

If your radio isn't on SW version 17.43.01 you may need to update to that version first (a few have not been able to update to v18 without it). Infotainment (NavRepair) should also be able to help you out with getting the updates.

Get v17.43.01 at....
INFO - 2013-2017 8.4AN FW Notes (RA4/VP4 NA).

Get v18.45.01 here....
ROLL-UP INFO: FOTA 18.11.x & uC D/L 18.45.01 SW Update 13-17 RA3/Vp3-NA & Ra4 VP4-NA.

M² Mods.
Thanks Mike. I sent him the link with all that info in a P.M because for for some reason I can't post a link to a thread. Since he just bought the unit from Infotainment it should already be updated to the 17.43.01. But it's always good to check. I'm thinking maybe they could send the updates to the people that have bought radios from them.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Mike. I sent him the link with all that info in a P.M because for for some reason I can't post a link to a thread. Since he just bought the unit from Infotainment it should already be updated to the 17.43.01. But it's always good to check. I'm thinking maybe they could send the updates to the people that have bought radios from them.

If NavRepair is part of them, it did sound like they intended on getting the update to people.

Interesting business model, because you basically become their only way to update.