Cluster back light diming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I know this may have been a previous thread but my 13 ram 1500 is currently having the dash cluster screen rapid dimming issue it has yet to completely shut off just rapid dimming i have already tried pressing and fully seating all fuses any other recommendations

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is this when you are adjusting the dimmer switch, or all by itself? If the latter, have you made sure the dimmer wheel is on full brightness? That would be all the way up then back off one click from the interior lights being on. It is possible the switch is bad and causing the dimming. I hate to throw money before diagnosing actual problem but this isn't an expensive part, I think. If you can't test it, you can private message Benny at All Mopar Parts in Vendor Section to ask for cost.

OP
OP
B

Bam930878

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It doesn't make a difference on the brightness setting but the dimmer does appear to work as it does get brighter and dimmer just flashes randomly

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It doesn't make a difference on the brightness setting but the dimmer does appear to work as it does get brighter and dimmer just flashes randomly

This is a common issue. It happened to me as well.

There is no fix that I know of, other than replacing it.

If you do a search for "instrument cluster flickering", or similar, you'll find tons of threads on the issue.

I replaced mine with a used one from Ebay, and used AlphaOBD to program the mileage. I also bought the 3" evic version as a backup.