Cold air intake installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well guys I bit the bullet and ordered a "cai". Nothing fancy just a nice little eBay special and I figured id throw a nicer filter on there down the road. I need to finish hooking up the heat shield but it got dark and will hold fine until tomorrow. I did have a quick question. On the right valve cover I just threw the little breather filter bak on from when I ran the 14x3 filter but on the tube for the intake there is a nipple on it for a vacuum line but I can't seem to find one? Is there one on the left side of the motor? It's the 5.2. Thanks everyone

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only nipple on the intake tube should go to your PCV valve.
Are they both about 1/2"?

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
now what you should do is relocate your ait sensor away from over the engine and it may read the temp a little lower.

OP
OP
Hollabakzach23

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WhiteExpress- the hose connected to the Pcv valve is also connected to the intake itself as it should be but on the cold air intake tube there is a hose port but I don't believe there is anything that would connect to the tube so I'll probably just cap it off and call it a day. I'll try to snap some pics during the day today after lunch maybe that will help make a little more sense.

05- ill have to look int that when I am done gettin this figured out!

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
looks nice man, on my intake there is a nipple and a hose to, I can't recall where the hose is from..I can try to
get a pic for you when I get back into town

Tapatalk Addict