(IAT) Intake Air Temp Sensor wire gauge size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ashkore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey folks, I have a 2022 RAM BigHorn 5.7 that some pesky squirrels chewed through my wiring thats connected to the grey IAT connector. The two wire colors are dark blue w/green strips and brown w/white strips. I am unsure as to what gauge the wires are as I am trying to buy new Molex connectors and add a little extra wiring to crimp onto the wire. I have peeled back the electrical tape on the wires and was unable to locate any wire numbers/markings. Nonetheless, I need the wire size for the molex connector and possibly the name of the crimper that would be used to secure the ends of the wire. Thanks for your help, I am brand new to this and trying to save myself some serious $$$ from the mechanic.

I have linked the Molex connectors that I am ASSUMING that I need to get? "Picture of item below"

Also, does anyone know what those red rubber plugs the wire goes into are called? "Picture of item below"

Thanks for any help/info.

Attachments

• IAT connector RAM.jpg
    IAT connector RAM.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey folks, I have a 2022 RAM BigHorn 5.7 that some pesky squirrels chewed through my wiring thats connected to the grey IAT connector. The two wire colors are dark blue w/green strips and brown w/white strips. I am unsure as to what gauge the wires are as I am trying to buy new Molex connectors and add a little extra wiring to crimp onto the wire. I have peeled back the electrical tape on the wires and was unable to locate any wire numbers/markings. Nonetheless, I need the wire size for the molex connector and possibly the name of the crimper that would be used to secure the ends of the wire. Thanks for your help, I am brand new to this and trying to save myself some serious $$$ from the mechanic.

I have linked the Molex connectors that I am ASSUMING that I need to get? "Picture of item below"

Also, does anyone know what those red rubber plugs the wire goes into are called? "Picture of item below"

Thanks for any help/info.
It's not critical, in that the circuit monitors resistance at a very low current level. If it were me, it would be 16 or 18 ga.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank