Cold air intake.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenneth Rodgers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter hemi.
Hey guys, new here and I have a quick question. I have been into project cars building Camaros and older cars, however I changed drastically and sold my project car and bought a 2017 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi big horn edition truck. Never owned a truck till now and I can’t believe I missed out all these years without having a truck. I’m absolutely in love with it. My question is, will a aftermarket cold air intake actually increase performance and or gas mileage? I know that I’m older cars it helps but with newer technology out there I’m just wanting to know if there is an actual need for it on newer trucks? Any Info would be greatly appreciated!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Factory intake is a cai already. Sucks through the fender. A nice one if you want one for looks is s&b or vararam. I personally like the s&b. They don’t help much unless you’re looking at super high power. A drop in filter would help though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would tell you a tuner may be something to look into but the 15+ trucks require a pcm swap so that’s kinda a hit on the warranty. I have the s&b and the truck sounded a little more aggressive to me but I also have a carven progressive muffler swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
A cai on its own won't do much at all in daily driving.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CAI and an exhaust can help a little with hp and mpg. It wont be a drastic difference but at least it will look and sound better lol

Let us know if we can help you with any upgrades. We Got Everything at Got Exhaust. we also offer discounts on everything to the members here.

We offer most intakes like S&B, Vararam, AFE, K&N, Air raid, Volant, etc..Click the link in my sig for RAM owners preferred products to see what some of the more popular items are. Also be sure to use the promo codes if you see something you like!

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In order for a cai to help you will need to be at atleast highway speed,cooler air is always nice no matter at what speed but....To see any gains in a cai the airbox will have to pressurize alot more than what it does..As for exhaust,if you want a lil more v8 noise,just go with a muffler swap of choice....Catbacks dont do frig all except maybe loose a few pounds and make wallet a lil skinnier..

My $1 worth of thought would be a smaller muffler to get some v8 roar outta it,do the engine fan mod,a decient drop in filter and do the dyi stock box cai mod(if you want the cai)and a diablo tuner ecu....