Collission alert randomly went off twice on first day of ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So backing into my driveway clear of obstacles, my new Rebel just slammed on the brakes thinking something was there.....then again backing into my garage slowly....

Is this something normal? If so I'm gonna leave it deactivated

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It happens to a lot of people. Most just shut off that feature. There is a thread on here somewhere that talks about it.

Red

Jim M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
A short piece of 2x4 and a 4" curb have brought me to that screeching, groaning panic stop, but there has always been something I could attribute it to.

Jim M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
It happens to a lot of people. Most just shut off that feature. There is a thread on here somewhere that talks about it.

Red
I really like the feature and only turn it off when I'm towing or I know what's triggerring it. Would have saved a dent in the tailgate on my 2003 2500 and dents in the the bumper and tailgate and a broken Ram emblem on my 2005 3500. A backup camera would have helped too.

Chris Karczmit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’ve had it happen when snow mounds in my driveway tricked out the system. I also had it happen when my foot accidentally hit the gas petal a little too hard and almost nailed a stone wall. I leave it on.

Munson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I was backing out of a driveway on a steep downward slope and the system read the road as an obstacle. Slammed the brakes and sounded the alarm. Scared the crap out of me. I take that as evidence that it works well.