Console Vault anyone used one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

munsterlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have any of you installed a console vault? I have a 2017 Ram 1500 with the big center console (no CD player or anything in there) and thinking about trying one, but don't see many reviews.
Any feedback appreciated!

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I built my own, so I can’t speak to the quality of the manufactured ones. But as far as functionality goes, I use mine quite often. It adds just a little extra security for valuables you have to leave in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tincup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love mine. Great for handguns, cash, wife’s little purse, sunglasses, etc. Very happy with it and I’d recommend to anyone. Only thing is that the opening is a little smaller than I’d like. But I feel like it’s very secure, definitely not worried about anybody getting in there.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Love mine. Great for handguns, cash, wife’s little purse, sunglasses, etc. Very happy with it and I’d recommend to anyone. Only thing is that the opening is a little smaller than I’d like. But I feel like it’s very secure, definitely not worried about anybody getting in there.
Pics? Did you buy it or build it? How is it secured to the truck? I have been wanting to do a custom one.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here’s a pic of mine.
b33ca7d6ddae0996782d9725e5329b6c.jpg

It attaches to these threaded inserts that I put in the sides of the console. (2 on each side)
246b0864b97592071726f032eee7d76e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Console Vault with combo lock in my 2018. It fits the bottom console very nicely. It mounts using the bolts that secure the console to the floor pan. IIRC, 4 bolts come out, and you use two to mount the vault and console back to the floor. It has a rubber mat on the bottom to protect your weapon and keep it from sliding around. It works somewhat, but the weapon will still slide especially if you have a stiff suspension like an HD. The mat does not cover the sides/front/back so it still has the potential to at least scratch the weapon. It has ample space inside. I can put my 3-inch 1911 in a Blade-Tech holster pointing to the rear along with a couple of extra magazines in it with room to spare. I've had that 3-inch and a 4-inch in it at the same time with no problem.

What I don't like about my setup has more to do with the Ram layout with the cup holders in the console instead of in the lower dash like my 2nd Gen. If you need to get to your weapon in a hurry, you'd better hope that you don't have an open container in a cup holder because it's going to dump out when you pull the top console up. Then again, I'd rather clean up a spilled beverage than my precious bodily fluids.

All in all, I like the vault. It is out of sight, and even if someone knew to look in the bottom console, it would require some work to get it out.

Knighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I absolutely love mine. They could be a little bigger if they had been designed to remove the inner liner first, would have had more room for it. I have thought about rebuilding it that way.