couple questions about billsteins & lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
first I don't know much about these things. I have a 2" leveling kit in the front (had to after I bought 35" wheels LOL) but what I wanted to know is this.

I have read a lot of you guys using these Billstein shocks and running them at 2.8" lift? is that correct? so basically if I just put those shocks all around my truck would this give me a 2.5-2.8" lift all around and would this be the cheapest way to lift the truck up somewhat without going overboard or doing an actual lift kit?

next, if I did a lift kit would this basically guarantee my ball joints would fail soon? what are the dangers of lifting a truck? what are the benefits other than looking good?

oh. I have a 2010 Ram Sport btw. all the add ons I've done are in my signature

any help/advice would be appreciated. I really just want to lift up my truck a few inches (well really I'd like to do 6" but I know a full kit would be needed) and if I can accomplish a 2.5 to 3" lift with just new shocks I'd jump all over that.

Any help? and thanks very much in advance. :)

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The bilsteins only lift the front. You can get spacers for the back to run with bilstein shocks. I’m running a 1” spacer rear with the factory shocks without any issues. I think a lot of people said pre 2013 trucks didn’t have as many issues with control arms but at 2.8 front I’d say it would probably still be a good idea to swap them as a safety precaution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk