Crankcase hose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all,

Currently running a vararam. I am finally going to swap out for the 6.4 manifold and s&b cai. I believe the stock hose where I now have the mini filter (pictured below) is the positive crankcase ventilation hose that connects to non vararam intake styles at the tube after the filter. Is that correct? That hose is long gone and I would like to get another one. I'd rather just run the stock hose to the intake tube rather than plugging the intake tube and having to keep changing this mini filter out. Thanks in advance.

20211101_105128.jpg

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually, I think I'm wrong, pcv hose should be coming from near the pcv valve... wtf is the hose I need then?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where that filter is, usually there is a cross over tube that goes over the intake to another junction on the passenger side where you would connect the breather to the S&B. I can snag a pic for you after work today.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Actually, I think I'm wrong, pcv hose should be coming from near the pcv valve... wtf is the hose I need then?
I don't think the 6.4 intake is set up for an external PCV set-up,the truck 6.4 uses an internal PCV set-up. I think you need to mod the 6.4 intake to accept an external PCV set-up.Check with CrazyKid on here,or head over to Tuned Rams or High Performance Rams on facebook,you'll find more guys over on those 2 facebook pages to help you out with the intake swap.You'll also need one of Takyami Sams(spelling??) SRV (short runner valve) extension harnesses if you want a plug-n-play harness instead of lengthening the wire harness the old way of soldering and shrink tubing the wiring.You can also buy Sams harness through MMX now.Have you picked up a EGR block-off plate,or are planning on building your own,i think Matt at Moes sells the EGR block plate.If you plan on keeping your 5.7 injectors you'll need spacers for them,if you want to run the 6.4 injectors,you'll need a custom tune for them.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think the 6.4 intake is set up for an external PCV set-up,the truck 6.4 uses an internal PCV set-up. I think you need to mod the 6.4 intake to accept an external PCV set-up.Check with CrazyKid on here,or head over to Tuned Rams or High Performance Rams on facebook,you'll find more guys over on those 2 facebook pages to help you out with the intake swap.You'll also need one of Takyami Sams(spelling??) SRV (short runner valve) extension harnesses if you want a plug-n-play harness instead of lengthening the wire harness the old way of soldering and shrink tubing the wiring.You can also buy Sams harness through MMX now.Have you picked up a EGR block-off plate,or are planning on building your own,i think Matt at Moes sells the EGR block plate.If you plan on keeping your 5.7 injectors you'll need spacers for them,if you want to run the 6.4 injectors,you'll need a custom tune for them.
LOL I completely spaced the 6.4 part.

Ignore my post haha.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah yeah, that's right, I'm an idiot, completely forgot the 6.4 setup was different with the pcv. I haven't seen anything about having to modify to an external pcv setup. Is that even necessary, or can I just cap where that would plug into the S&B? Only pcv mod I recall seeing in regards to this swap was the guy who was modifying to fit a catch can on and he jb welded the hole that led to the intake from the pcv port (pic below). I'll have to do some more digging around on this swap before I attempt it this weekend. I don't do the meta facebook haha. This would actually be my only social media account lol.

I bought from Moes, got the egr block off, extension, and spacers. I guess Matt carries the ported ones in stock, because I got it in 3 days, which I was totally not expecting. I've also got a spare MAP sensor, so I'm going to swap that with the one that came with it and trim the manifold down to fit it.

Also just ordered two new injectors and going to swap those out. I may have a couple dead lifters, so I figured I may as well put the 6.4 intake on while I pull the manifold and valve covers to check. If the injectors are good and I end up needing lifters and cam, I'll just throw the 6.4 injectors back in.

Funny thing was that I was actually thinking about getting rid of the truck since I'm nearing 100k and prices are so high. But with a potential catastrophic lifter issue, I'm certainly not going to pass the trash to someone else. If lifters and cam need replacement, may as well go performance, and I'm certainly not going to want to get rid of it after adding 100hp haha

20211101_155717.jpg