Creaking Dashboard - Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobnap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2016 RAM 2500. There is a creaking coming from dash when I drive. I hear it when accelerating or going over bumps. Seems to have gotten worse over time. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, any suggestions on how to fix.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bought a couple small bags of sand 5 lbs each, and moved around the bags until driving did not cause squeak. Once you have an idea you can then start installing foam, etc. Sorry not more precise. Mine was a bracket near radio on 3rd gen.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
If you think it is a panel to panel squeek

If you can find someone to drive while you hunt the squeek down, use something like a butterknife and put it in the place where 2 panels meet. when you find it, use a small piece of felt (wally world $1.19 for a 12x12) and stick it in there.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+1 for the felt... mine was the A pillar arm rubbing against the dash on the passenger side.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bobnap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks for all the quick responses!

OP
OP
B

bobnap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I took the advice provided and as I was using a screw driver to try to isolate dash panels I had my ear near the transfer case shift lever and found that was where noise was coming from. Seems like rubber boot is rubbing on itself. When I got home I gave it a good coating of Armorall to try to act as a lubricant but I need to investigate further and maybe even pop the boot off to see if I need to lube anything underneath.

Thanks again to all.

Bob