CST 4" lift kit Ram 1500 2wd ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I just bought a 2015 Ram Laramie 1500 2wd.

They have a CST 4" LIFT KIT available for it.

Has anyone tried this kit? Or any kit that maintains the original soft smooth factory ride.

I am particularly interested in maintaining the original soft smooth factory ride quality.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah, a few people here have CST and Maxtrac spindles. The spindles will not affect the ride quality at all. But, odds are you will also install a larger tire, with a different load rating. This will change the ride quality. An LT tire with a C or D load range will minimize this. You probably don't want to go with an E rated tire if ride quality is a concern.

OP
OP
B

bigguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Thanks for the response, but what is LT? and where do I find load ratings on tires?

I do not plan on doing any hauling with this truck. I bought it for the nice ride and fuel economy. I just want a little extra height and to keep that luxury feel. I have really been impressed so far with RAM. I have been with Toyota for the last 20yrs.

Can others please post their experiences?

Here are the parts in the kits the local body shop wants to order:
CST cast spindles 4" (CST CSS D1-5) front
CST CSS D16-3 (1.5" rear kit)

For an overall 4" lift for my 2wd 2015 Ram Laramie ecodiesel. Please post if you can endorse these parts/kits. Ride quality is the most important thing for me.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lt stands for light truck. Basically just more heavy duty tires meant for trucks and bigger SUVs. Any website you look at will have the load range listed. If you want a good ride I'd look into c or d rated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with the maxtrac 4.5" with 3" rear coils and shocks. The lift didn't really affect the ride. The tires will make the difference. I have 35" mt's so it changed the ride a little. Would probably ride better with some AT tires.

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If you stay at 4'' on your 4x2, there isn't much difference in ride but if you go higher there will be. I had CST's 7'' on my 4x2 and while the ride was still good, there were some noticeable differences.