Curious

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDreams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the SC Cortex on my 08 Ram 1500..... I run the 87 octane tune for my daily driving... mostly to/from work. My milage went from 13.3 mpg stock to averaging 16.3 with the 87 octane tune. I have had it up to 18.5 mpg on highway/interstate trips cruising at 65-70 mph.

Can I safely run the 91/93 octane tune on my truck using the stock air intake/filter and would I see a noticable difference with the aftermarket CAI?

My side job for truck upgrades has been slow lately and I haven't gotten a CAI for my truck yet.... I read a recent thread where someone mentioned and S&B CAI and after looking into them, believe I will go with an S&B over a K&N....

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I would say to become familiar with the data logging capabilities of your tuner assuming you don't already have stand alone gauges to monitor fuel knock. Do some live data logging make sure your engine/driving style is not pulling timing and knocking.