Custom Blind Spot Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
On Friday (November 25th) I will have the updated ones. You can order directly from me at WadeStar Products - Front Page that day or after and you can be assured of having the ones with the updated adhesive.

But, anyone who orders or has ordered from Amazon before this, I will always make sure to take care of if they have one of the first models with the adhesive that caused some problems. I absolutely stand by my product so you can be assured I will always take care of you.

Wade

I was going to order it off amazon with a prime account for free 2 day shipping. Unless you can match that lol. I will place my order on Friday then and how will I know if I get the updated version?

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wasn't aware of an adhesion issue. What's that all about? Are there some that are having issues of it sticking?

No. Not in terms of the adhesive that holds the blind spot mirror to the stock mirror. It is the adhesive that holds the blind spot mirror to the black base.

In some cases the original adhesive caused a blemish on the mirror and/or didn't allow the mirror to fully adhere to the base.

If you experienced any of the above issues, absolutely I will send you a replacement when the new run of inventory shows up later this week.

Wade

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I was going to order it off amazon with a prime account for free 2 day shipping. Unless you can match that lol. I will place my order on Friday then and how will I know if I get the updated version?

On Friday I will offer free shipping from my website.

The ones Amazon has right now are ones that I personally inspected and in some cases, already used the updated adhesive.

Long story short, if you buy my product, I guarantee it so it really doesn't matter where you get it or when you get it, I will take care of you.

Wade

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ah, so maybe that's my issue. I have noticed some "blemishes" so to speak on one of mine (driver side), haven't really noticed on the other one (passenger side). But, it is only in certain light that I have noticed it. Hasn't really been much of an issue, to be honest. I honestly thought it may have been from my fingerprints while installing them.

I'm not complaining about it... like I said, it's only in certain light that I see it. Don't worry about sending me another set. Take care of your other guys. I'm A-OK with mine.

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ah, so maybe that's my issue. I have noticed some "blemishes" so to speak on one of mine (driver side), haven't really noticed on the other one (passenger side). But, it is only in certain light that I have noticed it. Hasn't really been much of an issue, to be honest. I honestly thought it may have been from my fingerprints while installing them.

I'm not complaining about it... like I said, it's only in certain light that I see it. Don't worry about sending me another set. Take care of your other guys. I'm A-OK with mine.

Matt,

That isn't how I operate. You are getting another set sent to you! Don't argue now. ;)

Wade

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Matt,

That isn't how I operate. You are getting another set sent to you! Don't argue now. ;)

Wade

NO SIR! I'm completely good with my set. Don't worry about it, honestly! Save them for someone else. I'm just happy that I have a set and feel like I contributed to the new design in a way. ;) I completely appreciate the offer and your customer service. But, like I said, I'm good with the set I have now. :happy107:

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
NO SIR! I'm completely good with my set. Don't worry about it, honestly! Save them for someone else. I'm just happy that I have a set and feel like I contributed to the new design in a way. ;) I completely appreciate the offer and your customer service. But, like I said, I'm good with the set I have now. :happy107:

You are a good man! But, I can't sleep at night knowing someone has a product of mine that doesn't live up to my standards. So...tough luck Mr. Moore...a set is coming your way no matter what. :)

Wade

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wade, as many have said before, you are a good man. There are many vendors and business owners that could learn a lot from you! Thank you for all that you do.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my set off amazon last night brother! Looking forward to some added safety!

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey wade, got the updated set you sent me. These things look great and have a great viewing angle! I've never actually used blind spot mirrors and just dealt with the whole "not seeing" thing so these are amazing.
Far north report:
I installed them when it was -5 and had no issues with adhesion. I used pure ethanol (lady of the house is a chemist, so it's something we have on hand lol) to clean the mirror and even at cold temps the adhesive seems fine. Only issue I'm experiencing is icing on the mirror finish, but I don't think that's a flaw in the mirror. 94297ed76f14ea05a6bbb5aeebbacfed.jpg
This is the temp this morning, and this is what the mirrors look like
a3912b24a87160c9c62700aebffd1438.jpg
So I can't actually see out of them at all. I have a methanol based spray bottle that immediately melts ice but not sure how it would react with the finish, so I likely will never try it. I look forward to using these for real in March! Haha.
I'll post again if I have another update, or feel inclined to experiment with a de-icing agent or something to prevent icing over

Sent via telepathy

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey wade, got the updated set you sent me. These things look great and have a great viewing angle! I've never actually used blind spot mirrors and just dealt with the whole "not seeing" thing so these are amazing.
Far north report:
I installed them when it was -5 and had no issues with adhesion. I used pure ethanol (lady of the house is a chemist, so it's something we have on hand lol) to clean the mirror and even at cold temps the adhesive seems fine. Only issue I'm experiencing is icing on the mirror finish, but I don't think that's a flaw in the mirror. 94297ed76f14ea05a6bbb5aeebbacfed.jpg
This is the temp this morning, and this is what the mirrors look like
a3912b24a87160c9c62700aebffd1438.jpg
So I can't actually see out of them at all. I have a methanol based spray bottle that immediately melts ice but not sure how it would react with the finish, so I likely will never try it. I look forward to using these for real in March! Haha.
I'll post again if I have another update, or feel inclined to experiment with a de-icing agent or something to prevent icing over

Sent via telepathy

Dan,

What you need to do is take a road trip South for the winter so you don't have to wait until March to see how they work! ;)

Great to hear the report on the durability in such extreme conditions. You have now qualified yourself to be my official cold testing engineer for WadeStar Products.

Keep in touch, Dan! I really appreciate the feedback.

Wade

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dan,

What you need to do is take a road trip South for the winter so you don't have to wait until March to see how they work! ;)

Great to hear the report on the durability in such extreme conditions. You have now qualified yourself to be my official cold testing engineer for WadeStar Products.

Keep in touch, Dan! I really appreciate the feedback.

Wade

I would love to be the cold testing engineer for WadeStar! I expect to hit -40 or colder sometime this winter if our current trend continues, send me what ya got and I am happy to report back!
I will continue to give feedback as needed if conditions change and once the ice fog thickens.

HandyAndy09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Just received mine and installed them right the way. They look amazing.
Going up north to Fort McMurray for next couple of weeks and will test them up there in crazy cold weather ;)

8a4ba5fe450e3ae4f93d685c95e412d7.jpgf81b73d9e3cb1c33ce6349c5ded650cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you guys post the link on Amazon so I can get a set. Thanks.

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just received mine and installed them right the way. They look amazing.
Going up north to Fort McMurray for next couple of weeks and will test them up there in crazy cold weather ;)

8a4ba5fe450e3ae4f93d685c95e412d7.jpgf81b73d9e3cb1c33ce6349c5ded650cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look great!!