Custom Headlights (New Poster)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dippinchick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys!

So long story short, I bought my Dodge Ram Laramie 1500 5.7 Hemi a few months back and have slowly been adding to it. I've gotten the emblems painted, did a 3.5" leveling kit from Supreme Suspensions (3.5" front, 2.5" back) and had an aftermarket muffler thrown on.

Now, my next project is going to be headlights. I can't decide whether to get custom headlights or try adding/painting the headlights myself. So my question for you is, where would I go to get quotes on custom headlights? What are the risks of customizing my own headlights? I was thinking of doing HID's around 8000 and colorchanging halos.

Let me know what you think! Thanks
Savi

Attachments

• IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 100

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
8000 is a bad color. Stick with 6000k. Go to CJR performance. They sell a led kit that fits in the headlight. And comes with warning cancelrs so you don't get a code. Wtith the HIDs. You have to drill through the dust cap and if you done seal it right you get condensation. I had the chrome headlights on my truck. But went to my local dealer and spent $300 for the blackout ones. They look great on the deep charcoal color. I would let retroshop do all the work though. It's worth the money and he warrantys everything from what I hear.

OP
OP
Dippinchick

Dippinchick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also diode dynamics came out with HD Halos. They look like the Audi ones and form to your light. You don't see the individual leds. It's all one continuous strand. Really clean. See link.

2009-2016 Dodge Ram Quad Switchback LED Halos - HD Halos & Strips - All Products
I'll definitely take a look! I was worried about condensation which is the only reason I was hesitant doing it myself. Plus time considered I would rather just get someone else to do it, do it right and not have to worry about making a mistake!

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Doing it yourself really isn't a big deal if you get a spare set to work on. Otherwise Jeremy at Retroshop who is a vendor on here does an excellent job

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
We've done a few thousand Ram lights over the years (no joke!) here at RetroShop.

There are a LOT of options on these, as its fully custom to your needs!

Hit me up, email is best - [email protected] or call / text - 314-669-4437 (M-F 830-5 CST) and we'll get you squared away!

OP
OP
Dippinchick

Dippinchick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will be sending him a text tonight!!