Dash Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aluminum

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
I recently purchased a 2001 Dodge Ram as a project, Well it had a typical cracked dash. The top piece was about missing, there was only half the bezel, and the rest of the dash ( the plastic that the top and bezel hook to ) is destroyed too. So I removed all the plastic, my original intention was to get it from a junk yard but I'm realizing that theres no way I can get any good pieces and if I can get them out without breaking them. So I need THE ENTIRE DASH. I've been looking but cant find anything. Does anybody know where I can find a entire new dash?

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only place I've found that does it is the dealership and it's like 1200$ for a new dash assembly. Not really a good option price wise. I would recommend getting the sub-dash from a quality donor in the JY then getting replacement bezel and pad panels from lmc or something.

OP
OP
A

Aluminum

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
The only place I've found that does it is the dealership and it's like 1200$ for a new dash assembly. Not really a good option price wise. I would recommend getting the sub-dash from a quality donor in the JY then getting replacement bezel and pad panels from lmc or something.

That's what I was thinking but I have the dark grey almost black interior which I've never seen at the junk yard I'll have to check again. And also I'm worried about breaking it while removing or installing it.

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I've found actual upper dashboards on amazon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's what I was thinking but I have the dark grey almost black interior which I've never seen at the junk yard I'll have to check again. And also I'm worried about breaking it while removing or installing it.

You just have to be careful, it's extremely doubtful that you'll find a good upper dashboard but in my area the sub dashes are usually in pretty good condition.

OP
OP
A

Aluminum

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
What is a good replacement top to buy? Also this is a sport, Some I've seen say "DOES NOT FIT SPORT MODEL" I'm not sure if this is true or not?

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is a good replacement top to buy? Also this is a sport, Some I've seen say "DOES NOT FIT SPORT MODEL" I'm not sure if this is true or not?

That's false, there's only one dash. And I used lmc when I replaced mine but any top is better than the original so it's dealer choice there.

OP
OP
A

Aluminum

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
That's false, there's only one dash. And I used lmc when I replaced mine but any top is better than the original so it's dealer choice there.

Between my LMC magazine and Their online catalog, I'm only seeing the covers for $150 Not the actual replacements, would you by any chance have a link or part number?

OP
OP
A

Aluminum

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
What about the dash bezel? Where is a good place to get one? I cant find any at the junk yard.

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
I was lucky to find my dash at a junkyard. $85 out the door and they took it out of the truck for me and had it ready in their office.
Hope you're happy with the replacement. By the way if you're ever worried about color matching you can buy the paint that'll match your truck online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAN 25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I have the Spring 2015 Cat and dash pads are on p35, $259.95 for my 1994. They sell Plastic Dash Covers for much less but they are designed to go over your existing dash. A no go for me as mine is half gone. Then I have to buy paint and paint adhesion spray. Add oversize shipping and it will be over $300. Thanks for the crappy dash Dodge.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I know how you feel and so does everybody that I know that owns or have owned a 2nd gen. The LMC dash is worth the money though.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree. The replacement dashes come in factory interior colors so you shouldn't have to worry about that. I noticed very very little color difference between the old charcoal grey panels in my truck and the new dashpad. However I also got one of the carpeted covers to put on it as well as kind of filled up the gaps under the dash with foam to help support it a little. That way my new dash lasts much longer than the oem one.

joe.robodad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just replace my upper dash and bezel in my 2001 ram 1500 club cab. I bought it from LMC Truck parts and was very satisfied with it and the installation! I cost me about $550 for the complete units but it was worth it. Prior to installing the dash I ran additional new wiring for other accessories: Ham radio, future CB radio, exterior under hood speaker on a on-off-on switch.
Good luck on your project. Joe.robodad

butterscotch71

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Limited Longhorn
Engine
Not sure if you're still looking or where you're located, but I have an original dash full front bezel that was removed from a truck at only a couple years old. It's about like new. Located near Columbus Ohio

Tarmac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey I realize this thread is a little dated....but I have a 2000 Ram 1500, same problem.
Did either of y'all run across another source for the sub dash? I am in North East Ohio....NOT good on parts like this up here.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Was kinda surprised....have an excellent dash cover and bezel.....went to install the stereo, and there was just nothing left to install into..

Tarmac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Otherwise....was thinking about a long route of extracting my dash (hopefully in one piece mostly) and wrapping same in fiberglass cloth so as to provide some structure and stop the decay. At least I could build up resin/epoxy to screw into and at the supports with the fiber in place.
Any thoughts as to getting this much into it?