DavidRam's RCSB Interior Makeover - It's Time To **** My Cab!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The price of beauty... :) I took another look at my headliner and if I am lucky I can get it done with 1 yard. Glad I got a regular cab, lol!

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All your ideas are awesome! How about upgrading your gauge cluster to a higher model's?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Plus the 2012s I believe the EVIC is the only higher model option, but I could be wrong.

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I went to the Clazzio factory today, the people there were very nice and helpful. It's a Japanese company.

Anyways, I was able to take all the samples out to my truck. The verdict is: black on black perforated inserts and red stitching. My logo will be embrodered in the headrest. See pics

Unfortunately, my order is gonna take 6-8 weeks. :(

Going to look great, nice choice. As for your own logo, when you eventually tire of and sell the truck, just tell the buyer that logo means "Damn Right", or maybe his initials will be DR and it'll be an easy sale. Looking forward to seeing all your ideas come together; should be a good thread for others to get some right spanky ideas.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Going to look great, nice choice. As for your own logo, when you eventually tire of and sell the truck, just tell the buyer that logo means "Damn Right", or maybe his initials will be DR and it'll be an easy sale. Looking forward to seeing all your ideas come together; should be a good thread for others to get some right spanky ideas.

Thanks alot! Or maybe the next buyer is a really cool doctor, lol. Worse case scenario, the headrests are a cheap and easy replacement. :)

I hope I can get a couple things installed this week, but my right arm is still mostly useless from the torn muscle... :baby:

Attachments

• Day 4.jpg
    Day 4.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 58

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks alot! Or maybe the next buyer is a really cool doctor, lol. Worse case scenario, the headrests are a cheap and easy replacement. :)

I hope I can get a couple things installed this week, but my right arm is still mostly useless from the torn muscle... :baby:

Dang! You really got into it eh? :manos::roflsquared:

Torn muscles suck! Make sure you're not on any Antibiotics.
Those tend to weaken muscles (and other wonderful side effects).

Consider using Traumeel (homepathetic solution).
Works wonders for pulled muscles.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang! You really got into it eh? :manos::roflsquared:

Torn muscles suck! Make sure you're not on any Antibiotics.
Those tend to weaken muscles (and other wonderful side effects).

Consider using Traumeel (homepathetic solution).
Works wonders for pulled muscles.

Thanks for the tips!

Yep, got injured, the problem is the size and weight of my shaft :manos:
*****!

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Have you considered putting the cup holder inserts into the door panels?

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Evic cluster

Thanks! I would love to do that, but the mere thought of taking part of my dash apart, makes me cringe, lol...

Hey David, I upgraded cluster @200 bought off eBay. Only problem mileage didn't cross over. Super basic mod.

As far as indoor mods, I got lots suggestions. But I'm gonna start off with the cheap ones. I'm gonna suggest the passenger door foam cup holder.

Do u have a center console? :favorites13:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you considered putting the cup holder inserts into the door panels?

I already have R/T panels to swap with my express ones. I don't even remember what they look like... lol

Hey David, I upgraded cluster @200 bought off eBay. Only problem mileage didn't cross over. Super basic mod.

As far as indoor mods, I got lots suggestions. But I'm gonna start off with the cheap ones. I'm gonna suggest the passenger door foam cup holder.

Do u have a center console? :favorites13:

Funny you said that, I was just reading two threads about upgrading clusters... What are door foam cup holders?

I have the 40/20/40 with the little seat in the center. I am thinking of hollowing out the inside and putting a sub inside that seat...

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Evic upgrade & more

I already have R/T panels to swap with my express ones. I don't even remember what they look like... lol

Funny you said that, I was just reading two threads about upgrading clusters... What are door foam cup holders?

I have the 40/20/40 with the little seat in the center. I am thinking of hollowing out the inside and putting a sub inside that seat...

Just make sure u get 2012 evic cluster. Plug & play, mileage will not transfer unless u get qualified tech to scan tipm. While Ur at it get Ur speedometer bezel
Hydrodipped by JJ at retroshop since u have to remove to swap clusters. Also might want to think about getting Ur steering column cover hydrodipped as well. I'm getting retroshop to paint & dip my whole interior including my door panels a metallic steel plate theme. They have tons of metallic patterns tht would look great with u interior theme.

This is the driver side foam cup holder.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 49

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Door Foam cup holders

Sorry forgot to post passenger door foam cup holder part # 5NN24XXXAA.
I have a extra one for u along with a dome led 5730 smd bulb if u want. I payed $15 for mine.

Here is the driver side foam cup holder part#

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 45

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
If Ur gonna keep jump seat/center console

Another suggestion, In my opinion this add on cup holder best $50 interior mod I've done from geno's garage a vendor on ramforum. Do u use a phone mount in Ur truck?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 49

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any plans to color match your pillars and other white/beige objects? I have been wanting to dye these for a while, but want someone else to take the plunge first :baby:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any plans to color match your pillars and other white/beige objects? I have been wanting to dye these for a while, but want someone else to take the plunge first :baby:

I was looking at them with disgust last night, lol! But I have so much to do before I mess with those. :)

Also got some bad news, Clazzio notified me that the seats would take 10-14 weeks to make. **** that, I canceled the order.

I am gonna look at what they have in stock or go a different route.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was looking at them with disgust last night, lol! But I have so much to do before I mess with those. :)

Also got some bad news, Clazzio notified me that the seats would take 10-14 weeks to make. **** that, I canceled the order.

I am gonna look at what they have in stock or go a different route.

Do you not have any local upholstery shops?
Doing a reg cab should be speedy quick!