dealer cant get wheel alignment correct after 2 tries!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My truck has 4000 miles on it so this is covered by warranty. It came from the factory just a little off. I can tell cause ive tested it on several roads. I know there are crowns in roads and things that affect the way the truck will steer. When i hold the wheel so the ram logo is perfectly horizontal , the truck should steer straight on a smooth straight road, right? First , i had to hold the wheel clockwise about an inch or so. Now i have to hold it counter clockwise about the same. I cant get it to go straight on any road! I know it wont affect tire wear that much being off only a little, but WTF. These people are complete morons

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does it drive straight when you hold the steering wheel off center ?

If so, tell them to recenter the steering wheel. Not hard to do at all.

Alignment is probably good, but the steering wheel is off center, so when you hold it where you want it, it doesn't go straight.

coolemoff1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have same issue tech drove it had another tech ride took hammer and channel locks with them lol came back said its good when I left it was same needless say I'm going to another dealer next week

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes. It drives straight when i hold it off center. Im just wondering why its the opposite way off center now after the second alignment . This is ridiculous! I have to wait 2 hours each time i go there. Now I have to go back again. For this AND other issues including a faulty brake controller that is going to kill someone on not just my truck but all newer ones (see "brake controller" thread in towing and hauling section)! Im going to be giving the service manager a call. Not to mention , chrysler. I have been there 4 times now with a truck with 4k miles. For this and a leaking washer fluid nozzle that they couldnt diagnose (another member on this forum did though!!!). I know look for another dealer. But the 2 closest to me are complete morons unfortunately! I need to switch brands or something. UGH!

Does it drive straight when you hold the steering wheel off center ?

If so, tell them to recenter the steering wheel. Not hard to do at all.

Alignment is probably good, but the steering wheel is off center, so when you hold it where you want it, it doesn't go straight.

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
Welcome to your NEW dealer!

Have them send the bill to the OLD dealer, when they get it right. :evillol:

ta da. icon10.gif

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I took mine in for this to 3 different dealers and they all messed with it couldn't never get it right said it was straight but never was, got a level kit a couple months ago and a Gateway Tire store got me lined up back straight

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Have they swapped tires side to side? If the alignment has been done twice and there's still an issue you could have a bad tire causing your issue.

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The thing is I'm already there for other stupid crap. So might as well.....

HeavyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 SOHC 5 SP Auto
How many items has to wrong on a vehicle before its called a lemon?
Or do all the new vehicles have problems???????