Dealership Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I would take to social media and blast the dealer on any review site I could.
Honestly, I'd wait until the saga is over before doing this. Exhaust all your avenues of them doing the right thing.

I I would have told the service manager that I wanted to speak to his boss. If his name is not on the front of the building then he has a boss.
I'm totally on board with this. Speak to the GM, the owner, and (if it's a chain like autonation) any district or regional manager(s). And speak with Chrysler.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, had a similar issue where I took it in for a noise in the engine, dealer told me it was a leaky valve cover gasket letting oil in the cyl and fowling the spark plug... went and picked it up, questioned the story he gave me again... he stuck to it I didn't want to get into a shouting match with the retard so I took my keey fired the truck up and left... still making the sound that was supposedly fixed..... still barely running causing more damage to the engine...

I was pissed. said screw it took it to another dealer told them the deal and the service guy there literally fell out of his chair when I told him what I was told... he had to ask me to repeat it cause he couldn't believe it. they took care of me even washed my truck and had it fixed ahead of estimated time. I was happy.

I contacted the head service manager and owner, wrote them a lenghty detail filled pissed off rant/email telling them why I will no longer use their dealership and noted that I plan on buying a charger and a jeep by the end of dec and will take my business elsewhere for those purchases. never heard back from them but with the way I worded the email it was more a heads up to how ****** their service department was and named names. it wasn't worded in such a way to expect or ask for a response.

Service guy at the other dealership said I started a trend cause that weekend he got 5 others in that had bad service at that dealership

Good luck, hopefully you find another dealer that is based on customer service. they do exist just hard to find

OP
OP
D

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
which dealership.......im from long island too. would love to know what dealership this is

once i get the truck back in my possession ill name the dealer.

Lawyer... don't mess around...

im hoping i dont have to go that route.

Honestly, I'd wait until the saga is over before doing this. Exhaust all your avenues of them doing the right thing.

I'm totally on board with this. Speak to the GM, the owner, and (if it's a chain like autonation) any district or regional manager(s). And speak with Chrysler.

im waiting to get the truck back before i start writing the reviews. from what i can see, im not the only person thats having these same issues with this dealer the past 2 months. i was going to contact the owner of the dealership, but to be honest i dont care what he has to say at this point.

a case manager from chrysler contacted me today. she was able to get some information as to whats going on, couldnt give me a reason as to why theyve been avoiding me though. they are replacing the steering shaft, rebuild the rear diff and replacing something else in the seats. couldnt tell me anything about the damaged interior panels other then she was going to look into it. should have the truck back mid next week. looks like going forward all contact is going to be through chrysler and not the dealership.

ive never left a bad review online out of spite before. never ranted about issues like this before. never had these problems. it takes a lot to get me totally pissed off like this, and they have accomplished that. the sad part is a simple phone call with an update would have kept me somewhat content until i got my truck back, and all would have been fine.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i was going to contact the owner of the dealership, but to be honest i dont care what he has to say at this point.

ive never left a bad review online out of spite before. never ranted about issues like this before. never had these problems. it takes a lot to get me totally pissed off like this, and they have accomplished that.

I'm the same way, I don't tend to write reviews or anything like that...

My issue really set me over the top cause the BS story I got and the way I was treated. but don't let that stop you from sending a courtesy notice to the owner letting him know what has happened, and how his employee's are acting and driving business away. I know in my case the owner wasn't happy about it. I didn't get a email back from him but the GF's sister works there and she told me what happened after the fact and that he really was trying to clean up the dealership and get its reputation back.
This owner may be in the same boat not knowing what is really going on...

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
i was going to contact the owner of the dealership, but to be honest i dont care what he has to say at this point.
It's certainly possible that the owner is aware of the douchebaggery, and indeed may be the architect of it.

But you never know till you try. He may be unaware of what's going on, and merely have a really ****** service manager that he doesn't know that well. Or it may be that his general manager of the dealership has decreed that warranty work is to be blown off and not taken seriously because it's "a loss leader".

I think your wait and see until getting the truck back is a good strategy. But I'd contact the owner of the dealership anyway after that.

Best case: he has no idea what's going on now, fires the people involved, and nobody else will get screwed like that again.

Worst case: he's ****, and you get vent your spleen at him. Stress relief is a good thing.

Last edited:

ghamden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try all avenues at the dealer as in upper management and follow up with a call to Ram Customer Service.

2012 Rams are part of the buy back steering issues i think ???

worth the cak to Ram in either case

OP
OP
D

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
picked up my truck tonight. finally drives like its supposed to, and no noises from the rear. in total they replaced the seat frames and springs, seat cushions, new steering rack, new steering shafts, did a new alignment, new rear wheel bearings, and rebuilt the rear diff. they also fixed the scratches they did on the interior.

while all the issues have been fixed, there are still some gripes. they used about a half tank of my fuel. would have been nice to have that put back. i suppose thinking they would wash the truck after it being there over a month and being completely dirty is too much to ask for as well. maybe im being a tad picky with those 2 but the last one is the kicker. they bent my side step. im going to go out on a limb and say the arms of the lift are yellow, since theres yellow paint on one of the steps and the step is bent upward. didnt notice that until i got to the gas station. looks like ill being making another call in the morning. you honestly cant make this **** up.

for those that asked which dealership....Westbury Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge/Ram. i believe the same owners also own Garden City Jeep as well as Town & Country in Levittown. do yourselves a favor and stay far, far away.

Britgeezer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You tell a sad story.

I have a POS 2014 Jeep Cherokee 18 months old and 12K miles since nobody wanted to drive it. Back to the (local) dealer 5 times - the selling dealer was a disaster.

The fifth SW engine / transmission update seems a bit better- at least doesn't seem out rightly dangerous.

I'm joining the class action suit about that vehicle, but the helpful approach of the dealer to work through the issues, including free loaners for as long as it took (only so much they can do with the POS 2014 Cherokee) was enough to persuade me to buy my Ram 1500 from them.

I think your crap dealer will get his just desserts.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Wow...that sucks. They just can't do anything without screwing something up, can they?

Sounds like a lot of the problems are simply due to whoever worked on your truck not giving a ****. I still suggest hitting up the owner(s) of the dealership with a full list of everything that was screwed up. If nothing else, he may pay you off with some sort of freebie just to make you go away.

But damaging your side step will end up being expensive for them. The bill for fixing your truck should get somebody's attention on the business side of things, and I'm willing to bet the tech(s) who don't give a **** very shortly will, or they will be gone.

Good luck getting this resolved without anything else getting damaged.

OP
OP
D

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wow...that sucks. They just can't do anything without screwing something up, can they?

Sounds like a lot of the problems are simply due to whoever worked on your truck not giving a ****. I still suggest hitting up the owner(s) of the dealership with a full list of everything that was screwed up. If nothing else, he may pay you off with some sort of freebie just to make you go away.

But damaging your side step will end up being expensive for them. The bill for fixing your truck should get somebody's attention on the business side of things, and I'm willing to bet the tech(s) who don't give a **** very shortly will, or they will be gone.

Good luck getting this resolved without anything else getting damaged.

it seems that way. the sad part is i was told the the lead tech was going to be working on my truck the second time around (its possible that was a ******** line). if thats true, then its pretty bad that the best guy in the shop is that careless putting a vehicle on a lift. i've come to the point that trying to chase them down isnt worth the aggravation. im letting chrysler handle that now. if they want to close the case, they have no choice but to fix it.

i did meet with the service manager the other day to show him. again he acknowledged the damage, which i suppose is a good thing. its pretty undeniable though. i cant imagine any other way to bend both rear steps the same way. he took some pics and said he was going to talk to his body shop. i rolled my eyes at that one. not worth the aggravation to sit there and argue that with him since i already know theres no way to fix it without either cutting/bending/welding and re-powdercoating them or replacing them.

i do plan on writing a letter to the owner when this is all said and done. i highly doubt anything will come of it, much like i highly doubt chrysler is going to do anything other then mediate the situation and try to close the case.