Deedub97GT's Resto-Mod 2002 SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deedub97gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
FAIR WARNING--LONG READ LITTLE PICS

Before i start this, I'm going to let you know there wont be a lot of picture....I'm deployed currently and having parts sent home, a friend of mine is installing them, I'm getting pictures but they wont upload to photobucket.com or this website.

Well i guess ill start one of these. threads to keep track of everything i have done, and plan on doing to this ol' truck.

I've had this 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L for 4 years almost, and its been nothing but problems for the last 1.5 years, so it was overhaul or new truck, decided on overhaul.

when i bought the truck it had some mods done to it, nothing crazy. Had a 3" body lift 35" BFG's tono cover and a lot....LOT of plastic chrome. and a crappy, poorly installed, but functioning sound system. and it had a gibson exhaust that rusted off.

Some of the problems I've fixed and found so far include but are not limited to:

Replaced transmission twice

replaced transfer case once

replaced the rear ring and pinion once, and since i didn't have the money for front and rear at the time, i had to pull the front drive shaft....

Removed the check valve thing from the trans cooler and put a bigger cooler on.

both tail light circuit boards have burnt out

my fog lights currently don't work

Large dent if the front bumper, and one smaller one in the back bumper, from the Ex-wife.

Had to replace all 4 shocks

entire new OEM front suspension

replaced both front wheel bearings

rusted off exhaust.

blows exhaust manifold gaskets regularly

and finally, the horn stopped working

broken front and rear windshields

rear driver side door locks stopped working

hood struts stopped holding the hood up...

as of right now thats all the issues i can think of lol.

NOW FOR THE FUN STUFF!!!!!!:naughty::naughty:

and here is how I'm going about fixing these issues so far!

For the issue of the rear end matching the front. I went ahead and purchased motive 4:10 gears for the front, and an auburn limited slip diff for the rear, just to spice it up a bit! along with the bearings and all that install stuff!! good fun!

Since my BFG's wore out long ago, and i had a mix of cheap used procomp and BFG tires on my truck, i decided to go ahead and get some 35" super swamper trXus MT tires.

Before i can replace those tires i need front lower ball joints...again....at least they are cheap right?!

Since i had that gibson exhaust rust off, just about 20 minutes ago, i ordered a Borla single exit cat back. should last a long time and sound great!

Also had the front windshield replaced, the back one is just too expensive at the moment, and not required for inspection. so no big deal.

At the moment this is all that I've completely fixed.

Here are a few issues that i plan on addressing!

First off the sound system....:killer::killer::killer:

it has some kenwood deck in there that I haven't been able to figure out after 4 years lol. that thing is coming out!

i removed the speakers in the dash since they all blew a while ago

when i bought the truck the infinity sound system was replaced with sony....stuff.....which works! but not to my standard. the dash, tweeters, and front door speakers were run to a kenwood 250w 4 channel 4ohm amp.

that amp was installed under the rear seat where it overheats and shuts off, not to mention over powers these tiny dash and tweeter speakers.

the rear door speakers are currently wired into the CD player.

Now what im replacing these things with, I've always had a lust for rockford frostgate (RFG) so I plan on getting a box that fits under the rear seats and holds 2 10" subs rated at 500w 2 ohm, a 1000w 2 channel 4 ohm RFG amp, and installing it under the seats.

After that, I would like to take the kenwood amp that is installed currently, and move it Under the other seat, then proceed to run the door speakers to that smaller amp. and run the tweeters and dash speakers off of the head unit, although...i haven't choose the head unit i want yet. should be a nice set up, and play some nice loud country music lol.

FOR THE BODY

for the exterior, fantasizing a little bit i would love to get a front ount winch and nice light bar and black out all the chrome!

realisticly, I already removed the tono cover, i haul to much stuff to have it installed. Im going to remove the plastic chrome, purchase new bumpers and have them either powder coated or plasti dip them myself. And do the same to my fender flares. And the wheels, i would also like to plasti dip them! a nice black on white scheme!

Internet out here is so slow....i cant even attach pictures....damn....

well here is one picture i already had on photobucket. Its basically the exact same as when i bought it in this picture.

031011133535.jpg