Demon and Red Eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Spent the afternoon helping my buddy out with his Demon and Red Eye,then he let me drive both. The Red Eye was impressive with it's 797 hp,but holy sh!!t the Demon on the 840 horse tune is mind blowing. The linear power curve on the Demons 840 hp set-up is the wildest thing i've ever drove,the car never quits pulling even up at 150 mph,at 100 mph it'll spin the 315 Nitto R's he's got on the back of it as his street tire set-up pretty easily. Now i'm hoping the weather is good for next Friday's street legals,as he wants me to make a few passes in his Demon and his 1320,to see how i stack up against his driving of both.Ever since the wife shattered her gas pedal leg,i've backed off going drag racing every week-end this year,as it's not as much fun with-out her there,in the other lane,but i have to admit,i'm really looking forward to going to the track this week-end,and getting a chance to run his Demon

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
One thing i did notice was the transmission temps on both cars,the 8HP90's in both never got over 150F and that was after beating on both several times in a row,with an outdoor temp of 83F. Makes me sure question the temps the 8HP70's run at in the trucks,considering the 70's and 90's use the same 8/9 speed fluid as far as i know

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Pictures and video or it didn't happen... LOL
As long as the weather holds we should be at the track on Friday. I've managed to set up a few races between 2 of my buddies,one is bringing his new Super Stock up,and the other is bringing his Demon up for a comparision between both cars. As long as the weather holds we should be at the track on Friday.I'm not much on video's,but i'll try and get a few pics of them side by side at the track. I've never drove the Super Stock,but have rode in it,and honestly i think the Demon will be the quicker of the 2,but i'm working on the Demon owner to run his Demon on both the 808 and 840 settings,just to see how the Demon at 808 compares to the Super Stocks 807. It should be a fun night. :waytogo: We pulled the front swaybars off both the Demon and 1320,and installed 180 thermostats in both cars yesterday,so he's curious to see how both cars react to the cooler engine temps and better weight transfer,the Super Stock i think will still have it's front swaybar and stock 203 thermostat,but i'm taking enough tools up to pull the Super Stocks front swaybar,to sort of equalize things slightly,lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank