Diablo i2 Tuner from Matt @ Moes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
HOLE E. SHAT !

2015 Express
3.92/8 speed

So, I finally after two weeks got the gas tank dam near empty (showed 14 miles left to go!) and filled up with some 93 Octane. :naughty:

Items I already had previously purchased from Matt:

S&B Cold air intake
14" Mufflex
5" Tips

Came home and installed the 87MM Throttle Body, which was a very easy install. Also installed the new PCM, which was a bit more difficult because the air box is right in front of it. Still, it only took me about a 1/2 hour total to install both items.

Then got inside the truck and plugged in the i2. Imagine My surprise when I discovered the 93 octane tune was already on there!

The whole process to retune took about 10 minutes. The instructions are very simple to follow.

The truck started right up. I always push the little button so I am out of drive, and the display shows "8" and always mash the Tow/Haul button.
I could tell the difference immediately. Going around the corners in My subdivision (speed limit 25!) You could hear the tires wanting to break loose!

I got out on the main road, and drove real slow waiting to hit a stop light. With traction control on I hit the gas and it spun first AND spun second gear! I thought it was fast before but this truck hauls ass now! And this is without the custom tune from HemiFever!

I drove around for awhile more, and the difference in performance, and shifts is night and day. I still haven't installed my 180* Tstat, so I need to do that still.

Moral of the story. I know the 15's suck because You have to buy the PCM.
But, it is absolutely worth every cent. Thanks Matt! :favorites13:

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HOLE E. SHAT !

2015 Express
3.92/8 speed

So, I finally after two weeks got the gas tank dam near empty (showed 14 miles left to go!) and filled up with some 93 Octane. :naughty:

Items I already had previously purchased from Matt:

S&B Cold air intake
14" Mufflex
5" Tips

Came home and installed the 87MM Throttle Body, which was a very easy install. Also installed the new PCM, which was a bit more difficult because the air box is right in front of it. Still, it only took me about a 1/2 hour total to install both items.

Then got inside the truck and plugged in the i2. Imagine My surprise when I discovered the 93 octane tune was already on there!

The whole process to retune took about 10 minutes. The instructions are very simple to follow.

The truck started right up. I always push the little button so I am out of drive, and the display shows "8" and always mash the Tow/Haul button.
I could tell the difference immediately. Going around the corners in My subdivision (speed limit 25!) You could hear the tires wanting to break loose!

I got out on the main road, and drove real slow waiting to hit a stop light. With traction control on I hit the gas and it spun first AND spun second gear! I thought it was fast before but this truck hauls ass now! And this is without the custom tune from HemiFever!

I drove around for awhile more, and the difference in performance, and shifts is night and day. I still haven't installed my 180* Tstat, so I need to do that still.

Moral of the story. I know the 15's suck because You have to buy the PCM.
But, it is absolutely worth every cent. Thanks Matt! :favorites13:
Awesome man! Great to hear! Can't wait to tune mine!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Pasteris71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just got mine from Matt at Moes's as well. I also had the hemifever tune installed as well as the Jay Greene tune. i first installed the hemifever tune. Now I have flowmaster exhaust, BBK shorty headers, ATI underdrive pulley and 87mm throttle body. I also disabled my MDS and traction control. I entered the Mass Pike, came to a stop and then just floored it. I got thrown back into my seat, burned out all thru 2nd gear and was at 109 in no time at all. I can definatelty fewl the difference!

Royals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
More info on throttle body? Been seriously considering the Diablo and want to get the most of it.

16ramsportjc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well I'm subscribed to this post. Came over from a chevy 1500. I think the 16 sport rocks! Never been a dodge fan until this year. They really stepped up there game. I am here to learn, observe and pay my respects to the hemi. What are you looking at for possible gains?

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
well I'm subscribed to this post. Came over from a chevy 1500. I think the 16 sport rocks! Never been a dodge fan until this year. They really stepped up there game. I am here to learn, observe and pay my respects to the hemi. What are you looking at for possible gains?

stock youre already faster than a full bolt on and tuned 5.3 lmao

16ramsportjc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
stock youre already faster than a full bolt on and tuned 5.3 lmao

Which is part of the reason I came over :).

Although I think motor trend said the 5.3l was faster 0-60mph than the 5.7L. But there is some suspicion going around they play favorites.

the 6 speed and v4 system sucked stock on the chevy too. I got a diablo tuner and played with things for about an hour, EFFING flawless! Truck was so much funner to drive and got 4MPG on the highway better fuel economy. Stupid V4 mode sucked the life out of everything. But the 8speed still kicked the chevy's ass. I am liking the dodge more and more over the chevy. I just wish the seats didn't sit so high or feel like I am sitting on top of the truck, rather than in it, like the chevy. That's my only gripe.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Sounds awesome man, Congrats !!!

Hitting the buy button on mine tomorrow when I get my check. Really looking forward to this since i put the power sucking 37" tires on.

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine

16ramsportjc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You think??? :roflsquared:

Juuuuuuuuust a little haha. The one thing I noticed yesterday is the suspension/brakes are softer than the Chevy and ford. Both of those I felt a lot more confident hitting the brakes hard or turning and braking at the same time. Ram, not so much. Although hitting pot holes, bumps is way effing smoother with the ram. And I am loving the hemi with the 8speed. So damn responsive. But that will change when I get my king shocks on :).

I'm thinking though.... A 450HP truck will be in order here 8-D. Take on my ladies jeep SRT with the 6.4L. Haha. Just for ***** and giggles of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Throttle body really helped my truck out, starting to get that power back after putting soem big tires on it.

Have one of these InTune units incoming :favorites13:

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Have one of these InTune units incoming :favorites13:

I've had the i2 installed on My truck for a week now, I love it...and I only have the canned 93 tune on it. I'm waiting for My Hemifever custom tune until after I get My LSD installed...which I just ordered from Matt! :Big Laugh:

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I've had the i2 installed on My truck for a week now, I love it...and I only have the canned 93 tune on it. I'm waiting for My Hemifever custom tune until after I get My LSD installed...which I just ordered from Matt! :Big Laugh:

Cool, e-mailed my specs to Sean and filled up with level 93 fuel yesterday. Ready for the HemiFever tune :)

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you swtich back and forth from a 93 tune to a 87 stock tune? Only ask is i dont want to always drive around with a tank full of 93 when i dont have the extra cash. And are the miles stored in the PCM? what happens when you take it for service and the miles dont match form your stock pcm to the aftermarket pcm?