Diablo Trans Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn and I have a 2014! So no TCM canned tune from Diablo for me yet if I pick up one of these?

Also if I buy one used but unmarried, does diablosport still let me register this online free of charge or is there a fee?

It probably won't be to much longer until they get the 14's straightened out. I think they were just having some minor problem with the tune loading to the 14's. Yes you can register a unmarried used device for free. Website below.

https://www.diablosport.com/register-html/

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I had a lot of trouble getting the trans tuning to load on my 2014, so I decided to sit back for a bit and let Diablo get the bugs worked out. It kept failing to read the TCM file on mine which would put the tuner in recovery mode, then I would have to reload the canned tune, then the custom tune, and then the transmission tune. This process takes over an hour each time on the 2014 models, and I easily spent 12-14 hours trying to get this to work. 2015+ is working great, so I'm just going to be patient and let them get everything sorted out for the 2014's before I attempt to load the trans tuning again.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
This is exciting... Awaiting Sean's response now! heh

Edited: Done and done. I'll load this up once I get home from work in 2 weeks. Booyah!

Last edited:

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried loading the trans tune ... it uploaded to my tuner fine and then I hooked it up to my truck....

It gave me the option after selecting my customs pcm hf tune then it gave me the option to adjust trans parameters or something like that or "skip module"

I chose to to modify Tcm and it went on to store stock pcm ...

It successfully stored my stock trans tune and then went on to do something to the tcm ... I'm assuming it tuned my trans with diablos custom tune?

BEAST19
'15 Ram 1500 5.7L
Blacked out brilliant black bighorn
Fully functional hood
Custom quad switchback halo
Fuel vapors wrapped in 33"x12.5nittos
MBPR Exhaust
ARH Longtube headers
Pedal Commander
Vararam intake
Diablo i2
Painted bushwhacker flares
Color matched cab spoiler
87mm TB

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I tried loading the trans tune ... it uploaded to my tuner fine and then I hooked it up to my truck....

It gave me the option after selecting my customs pcm hf tune then it gave me the option to adjust trans parameters or something like that or "skip module"

I chose to to modify Tcm and it went on to store stock pcm ...

It successfully stored my stock trans tune and then went on to do something to the tcm ... I'm assuming it tuned my trans with diablos custom tune?

BEAST19
'15 Ram 1500 5.7L
Fully functional hood
MBPR Exhaust
ARH Longtube headers
Pedal Commander
Vararam intake
Diablo i2
87mm TB

Hmmm... if Sean sent you the files and you followed the regular process, it should have updated correctly... Does it feel different?

The kracken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was able to be one of diablos beta testers a few weeks ago and its almost not worth the time so dont expect to notice anything . They said on they're forum it was only torque management changes and some pressure changes if you want to notice it and actualy gain from it your going to have to get a custom tune

Sent from a device thats sends stuff

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Thankfully, I have the custom tunes...

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm... if Sean sent you the files and you followed the regular process, it should have updated correctly... Does it feel different?

It feels a little different . I think it went thru

BEAST19
'15 Ram 1500 5.7L
Fully functional hood
MBPR Exhaust
ARH Longtube headers
Pedal Commander
Vararam intake
Diablo i2
87mm TB

ALL3-500HP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 R/T
So I updated my trinity for my 2015 ram 5.7 8 speed and still do not see any option for trans tune. I want to back up the tcm file for my tuner . What revision # do I need ? Help

G3SRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
reverted to stock, updated the tuner, remarried to the ECU and applied the canned PCM and TCM performance tunes. Emailed Sean the original files, got an updated PCM and his new TCM.

Much better than before and Sean's TCM much better than the canned one.

2016 1500 2wd 8spd here.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I went ahead and updated my I2 on Friday afternoon and loaded the trans tuning on my 2015. Total load time only took about 30 minutes to return the truck back to stock, update the tuner, load the canned PCM and Trans tunes, and then load the custom Hemifever Trans tune. I wish it would have been this easy on my 2014.

The truck feels great, even on the 37's. Both part throttle and WOT shifts are firmer, and the truck is shifting at 6000rpm now at WOT.

Haagster89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if this is the right thread or not but I'm looking to tune my 2015 5.7 8 speed. What's the best tuner out there to get?

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
Still not available for the trinity I'm guess ????

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Matt any word as when we can expect 2013 support on the trinity? I can't wait to add this to complete my mods.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Matt any word as when we can expect 2013 support on the trinity? I can't wait to add this to complete my mods.

They haven't given us an eta on the 2013-2014 trucks yet. It'***** and miss on those year models.

Terrible Tradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemiroid
If you are updating your i2/i3 for the transmission tune, revert your truck back to stock first before you do any update.
It will save you 2 hours on the phone trying to get things right again.

Other than all that mess... transmission daily driving with the sport tune from Diablo is much improved. Usually 1-2nd shift at low speeds can be kind of harsh and now... I don't even know that it is shifting. Another thing heavily improved is downshifting, it is instant just about at any speed. Lay the pedal down and it goes with no hesitation. Shifting at WOT is also more firm and 1-2 and 2-3 will chirp the tires between shifts.

I highly recommend it! Can't wait to try the Hemifever custom PCM/TCM tune.