Diablo tuners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a difference between the Diablo I2 versus the I1000 DCX? I see the I2 is the "new" version, but what has been changed? I have a 2014 5.7 1500 if that makes a difference.

woolfman72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.8
Is there a difference between the Diablo I2 versus the I1000 DCX? I see the I2 is the "new" version, but what has been changed? I have a 2014 5.7 1500 if that makes a difference.
straight from the website...

We’ve increased it’s processing horsepower, improved its display, and added user requested features:

New "Easy Tune" mode for simple installation
Dyno tested performance programs
Blazing Fast Vehicle Read/Write Times
Windows, Mac OSX and Linux connectivity
OBD-II Data Logging
Check and Clear DTCs
Purchase multi-vehicle licenses

On a side note should be a few days and i will have an I2 and i will let you know what i think the differences are . I have used a dcx for a couple years on my charger and just sold it off to someone because i traded the charger in on my Rebel.

woolfman72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.8
So after messing with it today i can say this thing is leaps and bounds faster than the dcx. Screen/graphics are different. The back of it is more of a matte black rubber than the hard slick dcx. I backed up the original tune and installed a tune in about 7 mins and on the dcx it was a 25 minute or more process with my charger. Installing the pcm was a breeze also.

tdramman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4
Engine
Would I benefit from the Diablo I2 by itself on a 2015 Ram 1500? I saw that I would need a PCM for something but was hoping just the I2 would give me something better for performance. I upgraded my tires to a 295/60 so I was hoping the I2 could change my truck's computer to accommodate that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Would I benefit from the Diablo I2 by itself on a 2015 Ram 1500? I saw that I would need a PCM for something but was hoping just the I2 would give me something better for performance. I upgraded my tires to a 295/60 so I was hoping the I2 could change my truck's computer to accommodate that.

Unfortunately, you can't tune the PCM in your truck due to encryption on the coding.

You do need a blank PCM in order to tune your truck.

You would benefit from the tune but it's gonna be a bit more expensive than just buying the programmer.

tdramman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4
Engine
Oh ok. Thanks for answering my question.