Diablosport just came out with Unlocked PCMs for the 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capeair181

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Diablosport just came out with Unlocked PCMs for the 2018...…

I have a 19 so I have one year to go. I think im going to not get the pulsar and wait for the 2019 unlocked pcm's

Whiteannerdy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Could be bigger changes to the 2019 from 2018 PCMs.

Hopefully encryption didn’t change much and it’s easy to sort out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

capeair181

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could be bigger changes to the 2019 from 2018 PCMs.

Hopefully encryption didn’t change much and it’s easy to sort out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully not, I would hate for pulsar to be my only option

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is dilemma I am facing - I'm at 46K so getting close to FCA warranty not really being an issue - Cost wise Pulsar vs Diablo + PCM Exchange is only about $100 difference if I'm reading right, and Diablo appears to offer so much more for the minimal price increase. But, Pulsar is getting update currently also, so it will get more adjustment options as well. Pulsar appears to be simpler, set it and forget it type tuner, while Diablo offers more customization at custom tunes.

Might be a bit of an overstatement, Pulsar with latest updates in place seems like the "I want to wake up my truck a bit" option but don't want to constantly tinker with it, while the Diablo is more peformance/upgrade friendly option for those wanting custom tunes that will take advantage of other upgrades ie headers, throttle body, etc?

Then there's the Pedal Commander, I think I read it plays well with Pulsar for the most part but not so much with the Diablo?

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Diablo with a custom tune will give you the most noticeable gains but it does have a steep price tag. If you plan on adding a bunch of mods I don't know how much good the Pulsar is going to do you for. Not saying its going to happen to anyone else but possible warranty issues/lifetime Maxcare/extended warranties/etc are always lingering in the back of MY mind and I would hate to maybe have to shell out several thousand dollars for a new cam and lifters before I'm done paying this SOB off. Not trying to be a party pooper but it is something to think about.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
This is dilemma I am facing - I'm at 46K so getting close to FCA warranty not really being an issue - Cost wise Pulsar vs Diablo + PCM Exchange is only about $100 difference if I'm reading right, and Diablo appears to offer so much more for the minimal price increase. But, Pulsar is getting update currently also, so it will get more adjustment options as well. Pulsar appears to be simpler, set it and forget it type tuner, while Diablo offers more customization at custom tunes.

Might be a bit of an overstatement, Pulsar with latest updates in place seems like the "I want to wake up my truck a bit" option but don't want to constantly tinker with it, while the Diablo is more peformance/upgrade friendly option for those wanting custom tunes that will take advantage of other upgrades ie headers, throttle body, etc?

Then there's the Pedal Commander, I think I read it plays well with Pulsar for the most part but not so much with the Diablo?
The Pulsar only offers a fraction of what you get from the Diablo tuner, especially if you go with a custom tune. You also do not have to constantly tinker with the Diablo. Once you get your custom tune loaded, you can unplug the tuner and put it away...you dont need to touch it again unless you want to swap tunes or add another upgrade that would require a tune revision.

Both the Pulsar and the Diablo tuners will work well in combination with the Pedal Commander. When running the Pedal Commander with a custom tune using Diablo, we like to set the throttle to stock in the tuning so that you can control the pedal sensitivity yourself with the Pedal Commander. Running an increased throttle in the tuning as well as the max settings on the Pedal Commander can cause TPS codes because its simply too much.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
yeah I didn't use tinker referring to the tuner itself, but meant someone continually putting upgrades on their vehicle, whether it be headers, exhaust, intake changes, etc. The Diablo would work much better imo in that case.

twisted 8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HP Tuners can unlock the 18 computers for $250 then you just need someone to do the actual tune

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Diablo unlocks them for $200 if you wanted to send yours in to them as well. Down side to this is that the truck is down for a week.

Their PCM exchange program is so cheap though, that it is a better route to go if you dont care about keeping your stock PCM as a backup. You can get the Diablo I3 tuner with unlocked PCM for only $499 total if you go with their exchange program.