DIY 5.0 to 8.4 Navigation upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
So on the topic of the Radio Harness, The Harness Connection will be moving from man made harnesses to machine built which should take any human error out of the equation. Our lead time from our factory here in the good ol USA is around 1 month right now, and we will be receiving 50 unites as a first run. Stay Tuned!

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I'm not sure about all model years and such, but I have a 2014 2500 tradesman and I have auto headlights and my swap worked out just fine. So I would guess it is a wiring issue rather than missing wires unless the person who made it purposely left wires out of the harness.

You have auto dimming headlights on a tradesman? They all have auto on/off headlights, I was under the impression we were talking about auto dimming head lights. I just reread the post and I may have read it wrong. The auto on /off feature should work fine, it would seem that it may be a bad harness.

Last edited:

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You have auto dimming headlights on a tradesman? They all have auto on/off headlights, I was under the impression we were talking about auto dimming head lights. I just reread the post and I may have read it wrong. The auto on /off feature should work fine, it would seem that it may be a bad harness.
I read it as the auto on/off lights which I do have, not the auto high beams.

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram Black Express
Engine
On a side note, since i'll have to take it apart again anyways. Is there a trick to the connector to what it looks like is going to the shifter knob? I didn't want to brake mine so I left it. But I'd prefer to take all the connectors out next time.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
On a side note, since i'll have to take it apart again anyways. Is there a trick to the connector to what it looks like is going to the shifter knob? I didn't want to brake mine so I left it. But I'd prefer to take all the connectors out next time.
If I remember right I think there is a red locking tab you have to slide to unlock that connector.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
So on the topic of the Radio Harness, The Harness Connection will be moving from man made harnesses to machine built which should take any human error out of the equation. Our lead time from our factory here in the good ol USA is around 1 month right now, and we will be receiving 50 unites as a first run. Stay Tuned!

That's nice. Any update on getting me my replacement 911 connector for the defective one I was sent?

Been 3 weeks since you told me it would be mailed out "tonight" on 8/17. Did not respond to my PM at 2 weeks asking for an update and have not responded to my PM sent today at 3 weeks.

Hate to air dirty laundry in public but you have logged in and posted multiple times without even a peep by PM to me as to status of what is going on.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
That's nice. Any update on getting me my replacement 911 connector for the defective one I was sent?

Been 3 weeks since you told me it would be mailed out "tonight" on 8/17. Did not respond to my PM at 2 weeks asking for an update and have not responded to my PM sent today at 3 weeks.

Hate to air dirty laundry in public but you have logged in and posted multiple times without even a peep by PM to me as to status of what is going on.

He never replied to any of my PM's asking about his camera harness.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L

Seems to be a common theme. I do not know what his deal is? I am not impatient by a long shot and can understand if someone gets behind if they just give me the common courtesy of an honest answer to a question.

I know him being a vendor here is not his day job, but it is getting ridiculous on the lack of communication and lack of following through with his word of shipping it out that night or an update on why it is not here.

I first made initial inquiry to his paypal email, no response. My first PM to him on 8/17 did get a rapid response and promise of shipping the replacement that night. Since then though, radio silence.

UPDATE 9/14/15: Received replacement harness finally. Was also refunded money (unsolicited) for my trouble. Consider the issue closed.

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
He never responded to me about " Fogs on with Brights "
Prior to that he was spot on ...??

He told me via PM and text here he could do the Fogs on with brights ON for $80.00 ( I think ) even warned me the ++ price was due to the better Hella relays that cost more .... I pm ed him afterwords sayin no problem ....

I've tried to reach him about the fogs on with brights on since. .. NO RESPONSE is what I've experienced ...

I'm thinking the (Harness Connection ) is not actually affiliated with CuylerTech and or vise versa ??

? Not sure ....
I've been supporting and promoting CuylerTech / The Harness Connection on several diff . Post in several different situations ... Now maybe I'm regretting my support. ..

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What say you CuylerTech /The Harness Connection?

Sir , I really am interested in the Hella relay based kit $80.00 for the fog lights on with brights on ....
You have simply not responded to me on several occasions. .??

.@ @ CuylerTech , , it's important to me to say Public ally I ( R.L.K. ) am not bashing you Sir , I'm just frustrated that you have not answered my , text & multiple P.M. s

My advice , my .02 .... if you offer a service / product & name a price on that service/ product then you MUST comply !

The above is my experience with CuylerTech / The Harness Connection. .. .my experience may differ greatly from others .

Gentalman if you've had positive experiences with the harness connection / CuylerTech ( as I have in the past ) a please note it here ! OR simply go give him positive feedback on the appropriate page or here .

I'd like to see CuylerTech /the Harness Connection / a SITE PREFERRED VENDER do extremely well here and help out many !

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same deal here no responses done calling him
Buddy , sorry I couldn't help you with my 7 speed harness ! , hopefully CuylerTech / the harness connection will have the harness you require soon !

With that said , are you sure your 2014 has a 4 speed blower ?
I was under the impression that 2014s had a 7 speed ?
Do you have a 2500 ++ ?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I gave up, bought my camera kit from Tasca.

-JT
Have you installed the B/U Camera kit completely? If so did everything work out ? Active Grid lines and all ...

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Have you installed the B/U Camera kit completely? If so did everything work out ? Active Grid lines and all ...
It's en route. Most of the guys I saw who installed this kit in an Express had it working fine once sales code was flashed.

-JT

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Jesus Christ. Just so it's out there, I work 60+ hours a week at my normal job, I'm still at the office right now trying to get this project going. For anyone who has PM'd me and I haven't responded or hasn't been able to get a hold of me I apologize. I'm taking next week off to just focus on the business and get everything in order. Not trying to give excuses but try balancing 60 hours working plus family plus a side business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
As it sits right now, I won't be doing one off stuff like the fog harness just not enough time in the day. I'm looking at getting a friend to take over the day to day building so there is more opportunities for more products.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's en route. Most of the guys I saw who installed this kit in an Express had it working fine once sales code was flashed.

-JT
Yep yep , very easy kit to install , P.M. me if you have Qs on the install .! ! !

My advice : go to Audio & electronics forum serch for cptwing post on installing OEM back up camera kit and read and read
IMPORTANT !! IMPORTANT ! !

!Mpgrimm2 post #10 in cptwings post ! ! ! read up on Mpgrimm2s post # 10 and it's references. ... I can not put into words how helpful his post #10 is !

Very simple to install this kit is ; however, some have struggled on a few details with the instructions. .. ( me included ) READ Mpgrimm2 post # 10 , but DO not hesitate to PM me Sir , if you have a Q !

A simple question if not asked can be baffling to you ....
There are several qualified people monitoring that thread ( to include myself and likely Mpgrimm2 ) post up any Qs there ....!
Even if you do not have Qs , PLEASE POST UP YOU ACCOMPLISHED INSTALL to encourage others to do it themselves!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jesus Christ. Just so it's out there, I work 60+ hours a week at my normal job, I'm still at the office right now trying to get this project going. For anyone who has PM'd me and I haven't responded or hasn't been able to get a hold of me I apologize. I'm taking next week off to just focus on the business and get everything in order. Not trying to give excuses but try balancing 60 hours working plus family plus a side business.

I feel you pain sir , about 15 years ago I was in your shoes similarly in a helicopter repair and Drivetrain component overhaul & repair business ....
With the above stated , I understand you are busy , hell I work 60 hours a week also .
I belive I read about you having a warranty claim on you Mevotech UCA'S after 3k miles , you then welded your stock UCAs , did you end up installing the Mevotech UCA'S again or are you still running the welded stockers with Bilsteins set @ 2.1 or 2.8 ?

Thanks for any repose !

Status
Not open for further replies.