Do Not Buy Mopar Pre-Paid Oil Changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Not sure of your location but why not just stick with the dealer who was honoring your purchase. I know you are right but life is why to short to argue with a service manager at dealership.

Posted back a few pages:
Two different vehicles, two different times, and both a quart low after that dealer did the oil change.
Not to mention their diesel mechanic isn't any good.

OP
OP
T

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Never ever never use dealer oil changes.... they use bulk oil, who knows what crap they are using.... and will throw a Fiat cheap ass oil filter on in place of the Mopar one... any way to scam an extra buck or 2 out of you. I trust nobody to do my oil changes but me!

Always have gotten Mopar oil filters.
That goes for both the fuel filters on the truck too. I always have the fuel filters changed the same time I have the oil changed.

OP
OP
T

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Repeat after me. Mopar is garbage. Again. Just like the rest of America's (world's) corporations.
OK, now you are in the real world. Have a nice day.

But on trash day, some garbage stinks worse than some of the other.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
When I bought mine in 2017 I bought the maintenance package for 10 oil changes. It's never been questioned at all at, never paid extra either.

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I couldn't imagine paying $140 for an oil change.

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
Great service from my dealer. Oil change, cup of coffee and vacuuming included. Fast and friendly no complaints whatsoever.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Great service from my dealer. Oil change, cup of coffee and vacuuming included. Fast and friendly no complaints whatsoever.

They have you ripe for the pickings.

Soon as warranty is up, nip and tuck, nickel and dimed to death.

Does it seem like the wife takes a long time using their bathroom?

I’m kidding, only 99 percent of dealers are rapists.

Doc337

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
Was given 4 free oil changes by Mopar after having electrical problems on my new 18 3500 dually. Turned out the wiring for the injectors was pinched when it was built. I had used 2 of them and I get an email that it was ready to expire. It was only good for 2 years. Got nowhere with them, glad I did not pay for it.

OP
OP
T

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Was given 4 free oil changes by Mopar after having electrical problems on my new 18 3500 dually. Turned out the wiring for the injectors was pinched when it was built. I had used 2 of them and I get an email that it was ready to expire. It was only good for 2 years. Got nowhere with them, glad I did not pay for it.

They are free so just take it in any time before the expiration. Two quick oil changes will give the internals a good cleaning.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
$70 out the door at my dealer. Also have a lifetime power train warranty through them. They service it and back up their warranty 100%. My 2004 I bought through them threw a rod at 320k miles. Had it towed there and they put a brand new engine in it.

Your dealer sucks. Period.

Ricktara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just went to my dealership for first oil change and tire rotation. Quick polite service. PUP oil used and Mopar filter. Paid for with prepaid service good for 4 services in 2 years. Zero complaints by me.

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I am late to this fight, and I did not read it all, but I just got my 2nd oil change at my dealer. I negotiated a 5000 mile interval instead of the standard 7500 mile interval. I am now at 10,000 even.

I did check the oil and it certainly appears new. I did not crawl underneath to see the filter. I just can't imagine FCA or my dealers making any real money by gypping me out of a filter. Not worth their time nor worth the risk of them ruining their reputation to save $5...

OP
OP
T

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I am late to this fight, and I did not read it all, but I just got my 2nd oil change at my dealer. I negotiated a 5000 mile interval instead of the standard 7500 mile interval. I am now at 10,000 even.

I did check the oil and it certainly appears new. I did not crawl underneath to see the filter. I just can't imagine FCA or my dealers making any real money by gypping me out of a filter. Not worth their time nor worth the risk of them ruining their reputation to save $5...

I can tell you for a fact there are dealers out there that don't do the work.
Happened to wife's Euro vehicle. Took it in to have all the hoses and heater hard pipes changed. They did what was visible in the engine bay and nothing else. Wrote up on the bill that they did it, but when I crawled under to check, they weren't changed.
Got a lawyer and they ended up refunding all the charges for everything.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just went to my dealership for first oil change and tire rotation. Quick polite service. PUP oil used and Mopar filter. Paid for with prepaid service good for 4 services in 2 years. Zero complaints by me.

My only issue with this is "did they really use PUP"? My dealer setups are not "easy" to see the truck getting worked on. For all I know, they drained something out of an unlabelled 55 gallon drum into my crankcase. Sure, it could say whatever they want on the invoice, but reality is...how to tell exactly what they put in?

One day I think it would be interesting if someone paid for a PUP oil change, drove for 2000 miles or so, then submitted for a used oil analysis test. I would be really interested to see if the results line up with what is paid for....especially with PUP since "full synthetic" oil changes in lots of dealers mean Pennzoil Platinum, NOT Ultra Platinum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca