Drag link weld

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roll Tide Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I never checked my drag link, figured it would not affect me. Got new tires last week and it came with a free alignment. First tech told me I had a loose ball joint, then he came back and said the nut was loose on my drag link. They tightened it up. Yesterday I took my truck in for oil change and to get some recalls addressed. Told the tech that tire place had tightened up the jam nut. His response was if it came loose once, it will again. Said they would rent me a vehicle and order the part to fix my truck. Hope to get it back tomorrow.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I never checked my drag link, figured it would not affect me. Got new tires last week and it came with a free alignment. First tech told me I had a loose ball joint, then he came back and said the nut was loose on my drag link. They tightened it up. Yesterday I took my truck in for oil change and to get some recalls addressed. Told the tech that tire place had tightened up the jam nut. His response was if it came loose once, it will again. Said they would rent me a vehicle and order the part to fix my truck. Hope to get it back tomorrow.
Let us know the outcome, I haven’t heard of anyone actually getting the new parts installed yet, only the weld fix.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I've got a 2017 2500 and had the weld done. I wish I hadn't because the dealer screwed the alignment up and steering wheel was off center. Took it back and they straightened out the steering wheel but I still have a slight pull to the right. Truck has less than 12000 miles and I had no issues now what? I don't believe another dealer will fix it, but I could wrong.
Did someone say that if you get the drag link replaced that dodge would reimburse you?

Hi @tanger,

We're terribly sorry to hear this! Please contact our team via private message so that we can provide additional support while the dealer addresses this concern.

Darlene
Ram Cares

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey 426, sorry I haven't responded till now. The probable reason your steering wheel was off center after doing the level, is the axle is pulled about an inch to the left. Mine did the same thing and you could see the difference by looking at tires. The right was pulled into the wheel well and the left stuck out. Put on adjustable track bar, and tweeked until steering wheel was straight again.